Peugeot Forums banner

Gearbox Fault error!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Navqx 
#1 · (Edited)
I just brought a 308 auto petrol with about 74000 miles on it 2008 model.
The gearbox was replaced 15000 miles ago (i have the receipt) by the previous owner as it was making clunking noises but it seems the garage didn't reset the error as its still there when I start the engine (after that it goes away). Its also accompanied by the usual ice and sport mode lights flashing constantly just under the 'D' on the dash.
The car drives perfectly well with no issues. There is no clunking or strange revving or dropping out of gear or loss of power and the manual gears work ok also. Is there a way of resetting this.
My garage is doing some error testing to ensure all is ok.
Is there another issue that could be causing this outside of the gearbox? A faulty sensor of some sort?
Cheers in advance! Thanks

#3 ·
IF the ice and sport mode lights are flashing then normally your gearbox wont work properly IE will be in 3rd gear but you recon its changing gear properly so it may well be something else causing it diagnostic should find something.

You wont get many replies as there are not many people here with autos.

#6 ·
I have an automatic had the same Sports mode and * flash up - change of Transmission oil required normally or not enough Transmission oil. I have yet to solve my cars problem of P0721 vehicle speed data issue - see my thread on peugeot forums. Hope I can help you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.