Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
been having problems with my gearbox trouble getting it into 2nd gear i was told it could be a syncro gone, clutch fault or the DMF is faulty so today i removed gearbox so someone could look at it for me also found clutch is worn and DMF is faulty inner wheel very loose and grinding when i tried to turn it.
so heres the qeustion... I dont want to throw money away getting the gearbox looked at to found out theres no problem do you think it could be the flywheel causing the problem also when i drained the gbox oil there were no signs of metal in it.

the car is 407sw 2.0 hdi 136 bhp on 05 plate with 86000 on the clock.

cheers
kevh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Replaced DMF and clutch but still have problem with gearbox :( i have been told i have a ML6 gearbox fitted.
i have been looking around for a replacement but every time i mention ML6 company's seem not to understand the code they come back with codes like MM12
provided i get a 6 speed box from a diesel 407 will it be OK or will i have problems with ratios etc?

407SW 6 speed 2.0 hdi 2005 luxury pack

kevh

G

·
Hi

The code you have is valid and you should find a box if you phone around as having looked it up, all 407 2.0HDi's appear to have the same gearbox.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts