Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys need some info hopefully someone can help. My gear selector cable has snapped just behind gear box on my 2006 307 se sw 136 hdi.
I have found some cables pretty cheap but not sure if theyll fit they have a code 2444cf.
i could put the ebay link up if itll help an its allowed on here.
also are they easy enough to fit or a tough job ?
Garage want 100 quid labour i was going to do it myself but wasnt sure what needs removing ect...
many thx mark

·
Registered
101 Posts
easy enough , you need the airbox/piping , battery and battery tray out of the way so you can prise the ends of the top of the gearbox , battery tray has a bolt behind the nearside arch liner for some stupid reason which means wheel off to remove the liner!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
easy enough , you need the airbox/piping , battery and battery tray out of the way so you can prise the ends of the top of the gearbox , battery tray has a bolt behind the nearside arch liner for some stupid reason which means wheel off to remove the liner!
Thanks for the reply i already have the battery tray ect out, i removed them to see what was wrong. So can i somehow remove the cables from underneith without removing exhaust subframe ect... ?
Cheers mark

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ill google how to remove the centre console shouldnt be to hard i imagine.
im just wondering if it will be difficult to get the new cables to pass through to the engine area

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
easy to remove centre console and peace of piss to put it back together again
Thanks ive looked in my haynes manual to find bolt locations looks quite simple ill give it ago just worried about removing old cables i found a thread on here it took the guy 12 hours as he couldnt remove the rubber block from bulkhead or the clips holding cables behind gearbox then couldnt get the new block back in

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to give this a go today or tomorrow, could anyone just tell me should i be taping the selector end of the new cables to the gearbox end of old cables as i pull the old ones through into the car or do i just pass the new ones through from the in-car side after.
only im not sure if the block will only go into bulkhead from in-car side ? Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts