Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would someone be good enough to post a link to the above. I need to buy a set of new linkage cables as there's tons of play & trouble selecting/crunching gears. They range in price like mad - I'm not sure why & don't want to presume the priciest are always the best. If you know a reputable, mail order company for a reasonable price that'll do me.
Standard R/H drive non turbo 1.9 diesel on a 2006. Thanks

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Crunching gears won't be caused by bad cables. I think you might need to see if there are other problems.
I also recommend getting new cables from a reputable motor factor, there are plenty of substandard items for sale online. Good luck getting redress if you buy one.

Roger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's sorted today just collected from the garage. It actually was the cables. I got cables from a place local to me - borg & beck genuine.
The crunching as I described it was probably a bit severe sounding to the reader, it was only when going into 4th gear from 3rd or 5th. There was so much slop and play the gear stick was all over the place. The white nylon discs on the cables ends were paggered and really worn. Everything is nice and tight & slick now. No difficulty getting gears and the gates in and out are lovely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts