Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 1.4Hdi manual gear knob breaking up so decided to replace. Did search on forum and one member just stated cut the old knob off and reglue new one on. Well I am finding it is not as easy as that. Under the outer covering of the knob there is a plastic inner shaped sleeve pressed on to the metal of the gear lever(luckily I removed the old outer layer slowly and carefully and have not damaged it) and it seems the new replacement knob is designed to be pushed over this but does it also need glue? And if so what is recommended?
Forgot to mention the levers boot cover fastens to the bottom of the stick knob in a shaped recess and the leatherette is fastened to this with a hidden plastic tie so be careful not to tear the leatherette too much.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've just replaced the gear knob on mine, like yours, it was falling apart. I had a major struggle getting the old one off, I just kept pulling at it and I eventually won. The old one wasn't glued on, and there was no need to glue the new one on either. I just pushed the new one on as hard as I could, and it feels quite solid to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I changed mine with an Amazon replacement. It came with 3 sleeves . The gear knob just slipped over and was secured with 3 grub screws. The leather boot was resecured with a new cable-tie, and bingo.... super gear shift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts