Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new gearstick gaiter for my 407 and looking for a tip on changing it - does the ball part of the gearstick screw off or is there some kind of release mechanism involved. Had a look at servicebox and from the diagrams it seems obvious that the lift-for-reverse collar stays on which shouldn't be a problem.

I just don't wanna bust something on the inside when I just spent 2 weeks fixing everything on the outside heh

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just bought a new gearstick gaiter for my 407 and looking for a tip on changing it - does the ball part of the gearstick screw off or is there some kind of release mechanism involved. Had a look at servicebox and from the diagrams it seems obvious that the lift-for-reverse collar stays on which shouldn't be a problem.

I just don't wanna bust something on the inside when I just spent 2 weeks fixing everything on the outside heh
Pull up like buggery, I changed the leather on ine its quite easy to do once its off.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes - you aren't kidding. Did a little googling and I've read stories of people knocking the rearview mirror off because they had to pull so hard to get the gearknob off!!! Wish me luck lol

I couldn't find any 407 specific stuff but plenty of stories about 20* and 30* cars and I figure they're probably close enough....

C

·
0 Posts
he's not replied , hope he is ok and non knocked himself out :lol::lol:
Nah he's probably still sat there swearing trying to pull off his Knob :eek: How funny would it look from behind the car :nono:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is still in the bodyshop lol - I wont get it back till wednesday or thursday - I just have a small list of jobs to do and want to be able to get on with them all asap - the gear knob is just one of em....

So yeah, it'll be a couple more days before I try to pull off my knob...

·
Registered
909 Posts
i remember Trem1 removin the gear knob from my 205, lets just say its a good it didnt have a sunroof. I fell out the car laughin when it finally came off.
Mind you the one in my 407 is easy-ish to come off

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Guys. Please, can someone confirm. Is it just a matter of pulling of without any twisting? Just don't want to damage anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just removed knob from my 5008. I glad that did't wiggle it twist it, otherwise would break inner plastic. It just pulls up with enough power.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

I will replace/fix my gear knob this weekend.
I would like also replace leather mesh/gaiter. How I can take old one off and put new one in? Underneath gear knob we have that switch( my english is still crap :mad:) to put reverse gear on.

Please advice before( as usual) I will damage something.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used an adjustable spanner (wrench) to remove mine. I set the jaws of the adjustable to close below the knob and then used an upside down hammer to knock the bottom of the spanner by lifting the hammer sharply so it knocked the spanner upwards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts