Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have had me 308 1.6 hdi sport for about 3 weeks and just checking to see if i have a problem,changing gears is fine no problem but when i get up in 5th gear and decelerate and accelerate with my hand on gear stick it moves back and forth about a inch either way feels strange car has just done 30,000 on a 58 plate anyone else have this,many thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
5 out of 6 of my last cars have been automatics & my present 308 is automatic so I can only go from way back past experience .

Check for weak Bias Springs on the gear lever. Check for weak/loose engine / gearbox mountings . Dont know if this engine has an anti rocking strut/absorber but would be worth checking out . It was so bad on an old mini I once owned , that it would jump out of gear when you took your foot off the gas !!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody else with a manual gearbox have this feeling in the gearstick,i dont want to start pulling the car apart looking for a problem that is not there,many thanks.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
my dad had this on his c4 1.6HDi 110 and the dealer put new gear cables in and sorted that was with 55k on it the service tech said that it will move a few mm when you lift of the pedal and put it back on again but should never be by much hope that helps you :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi all have same car add same problem mine did it in 3 plus 5 peugeot changed gearbox then add to change actuators on gearbox that cables go into i was lucky still in warranty good luck:(

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what would go wrong in a gearbox to cause this,seems extreme that you would have to change the gearbox?

·
Registered
107 Posts
dont know thats what they told me changed gearbox no good so changed actuators on the side of gearbox, mine moved when you tock foot off. told first at local dealer could be engine mounts then cables:nono:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
took car to peugeot dealers for their opinion and confirmed gearstick not right,their diagnosis says....found slight play in gear cable and selctor rod in gearbox,requires further investigation,recommend initially replacing gear cable,if fault continues gear selector rod may also require replacing....is this gear selector rod the part they replaced on yours mintor,many thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right update,just had a call from garage saying they have changed cables and its better but still some play they said they dont think changing any other parts will correct it and that is just how the car is,so i dont know if i should tell them to change the actuator now or not?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
all fixed new gearbox control module as mintor said and its perfect,many thanks mintor as i had to tell the garage what would fix it but all work new cables which were a revised part to originals but did not fix it and control module which fixed it all under warranty,if anyone else gets this problem do the control module first as its cheaper than having the cables done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts