Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, 3 things

1.When changing gears just as I release the clutch the car jolts forward and makes a thud noise.If I release the clutch slowly this problem does not occur. This is a new problem.

2.On a different note on cold starts "after" changing 1st and 2nd gears the car irradicaly jumps back and forth for a few seconds. This has been happening for over a year. Peugeot Mechanics were unable to determine the problem. I had the injectors cleaned thinking it may be uneven release of fuel in the line but this made no difference.

3.Recently I turned my headlights off and parkers on then I went to turn the headlight back on but they would not turn on. They both turned off but the other day the right decided to come on but left still doesnt.

Thanks for any help :)

G

·
1) Engine or gearbox mount going south?

2) What engine and year?

3) Depends on the year, but sounds like the famous Com200 buggering about trick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.Booked my car in for Monday at Peugeot for a service plus to get the problems I've mentioned checked out. Any idea of the costs for the Com2000 fix and Engine or Tranny Mount so I don't get ripped off.

G

·
The com2000 u nit is rpetty pricy, £200-£300 IIRC, then reckon on about an hours labour for fitting and programming (it's probably less, but an hour should be a safe guess). hopefully it'll be summat else.

I don't know how much the mount will be, but reckon on about an hours labour for that as well. Plus VAT on both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to update you guys, it turns out it was the engine mount. Had it repaired, cost wasn't too bad $350 Australian Dollars.

As for the lights they put new bulbs in which only lasted 30mins. They said something was wrong with the connectors inside the headlights and that I need new headlights because it cant be repaired as the connectors are build into the headlights. AUD $600 per headlight, so $1200 for the pair plus $300 labour = $1500. Too bad its just out of warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.