Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully be checking the gear box oil on weekend ,need to ask is the drain plug at the bottom or on the side of the gear box and am i right in saying that the levels can be checked with the nut at the side of the box as i took a quick look this morning and did not see any nut at the side of the gear box unless i did not take my time at looking but i did see that there was a bolt missing from the side of the gear box about an inch from the bottom there are threads in the hole so there must be something missing from there if any one c an show some pics of the drain nut or the side of the gear box i would be most thank full

·
6,000 Posts
On some models there is a level plug on end of gearbox accessible from near side wheel arch if no level plug it is a full drain and refill with 2L of oil via breather/filler on to of box by gear linkage

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
11,846 Posts
There should be a filler plug, depending on engine, item 12 here:

Item 9 here:

I would avoid filling via the breather. Not only do you not know how much is enough, but you're also lining an air breathing pipe with sticky oil which can attract residue.

Attachments

·
6,000 Posts
The breather is basically a hollow bolt it can be unscrewed to fill gearbox will no issues. Its how they are filled at the factory since they stopped fitting level plugs as a cost saving

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts