Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I half way through changing my clutch and I can't undo the stud on top of the gearbox. I saw people on youtube simply unbolting the plate between the stud and the top of the gearbox by removing the three bolts that hold it on. However some people have said not to do this as the bolts affect the preload on the diff.

Is this correct or can I simply just unbolt the mounting plate?

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
If you are talking about the stud that is bolted into an alloy plate then bolted to the top of the box this is nowhere near the diff !!

Depends what gearbox it is as you dont say what engine it has so cannot be more precise but all i can say is there is no mounting bolt that preloads the diff !

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, I didn’t think it was near the diff as the plate is near the n/s Of the gearbox opposite to the diff, but then you never know with Peugeot. It’s a 2.0 HDi. I’ll crack in with this at the weekend now 🙂

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a heat gun to soften up the loctite on the stud and it came off no problems. I hope this helps someone else

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was recommended in hbol and the other guides I read online. Given how much hassle I had getting the box out I’m glad I did.

Any tips for putting it back in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts