Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am having a problem with my Boxer gears. I can no longer select 3rd 4th 5th or reverse. I think it is a linkage problem as the gear stick has been getting stiff and i was having to use quite alot of force to get it into gear.

From reading a few bits hear and there it seems this is a common problem with the boxer gear linkage. Can anyone tell me where to start looking? Is there a easy fix for this?

Looking forward to you responses!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it only in certain gears? my syncro was screwd in 3rd so it was cruching most of the time going into that gear and over the course of a few months it got worse, bout a month ago it wouldnt go into reverse and all the "up" gears had problems so its time for me for a new gearbox.

So it may be a syncro if its just in ceratin gears.

Bow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, i have finnaly fixed the problem with the boxer gears so i thought i would share my findings incase anyone else has this problem. The problem turned out to be a seized part that moved the selector going into the gearbox up and down. This part is part of the gearbox mount so i was able to take out the entire mount and unseize this part and re grease etc.

Its now all back on and working fine, here are some pictures of the part that was seized if anyone wants to take a look.

(i havent made enought posts to post the pictures sorry! will upload at a later date)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i do have a photo bucket account, it just need to make 5 posts on here before i can put in a link for some reason. I will make some more posts and then uploads then :thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
At least you sorted your problem out, the 3 gear syncromesh, clutch & flywheel had to be done all at the same time & cost me £1200 back in September :eek: so it's nice to see it didn't cost you an arm & a leg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the great thing is steve it didn't cost me a penny! Which is always a good thing! And the gear change feels better than ever now, i think it must of been getting worse ever since i bought the van.

·
Registered
3 Posts
new to this forum

my 2003 2lthdi has always hadstiff gears but has got very hard toget reverse
and 5th the gate is very stiff you have to pull the leaver back throught the gate there seems to be no spring in the centre any help before the garage
tomo :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sound like the same problem i had, if you open the bonnet and take out the air box and all the piping you can get to the gear selector where you should see something like this:

The part that is attached to the gearbox mount it the part that seizes up, mine was tottaly seized but it may be possible to get some wd40 in there and free it up, if not its not to difficult to remove the entire gearbox mount and everything comes with it. Just remember to support the gearbox with a jack!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I'm new and have just purchased a 06 boxer van, 4th gear is a little crunchy and 2nd can be a little stiff (2nd is prob me being used to driving small car based vans) apart from this small problem the van is great.

as I'm not 100% sure when it was last serviced I will prob do a oil, filter & air filter soon. while I'm doing that I will pop the airbox off and have a look at the selector, hopefully this will cure my problem..

Thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Expert gear linkage problem

Hi can anyone help me? I have an Expert Camper Van 'S' 1999
Its had two rubber bushes replaced just before I bought it when it's gears stopped selecting... All was well I drove the van with no clutch or gear problems but during the cold cold weather I came to start it and move it and it simply wont go into gear while the engine is running! Engine off it selects all its gears fine... The clutch feels fine! I'm lost???

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know - it went for one bush and they did two while they were at it. I was dreading the clutch diagnosis as I gather it's a big expensive job with a dual master flywheel!
Clutch pedal operates fine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
307 2l Hdi 2003

Hello , i have a 307 that wont go into 5th gear, what could it be and do you know roughly what it would cost to fix?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me I have a Peugeot 307 110 hdi and today it just stopped going in 2nd 4th and reverse I've been told to look at the link or something to see if one is lose or come off my neighbour had a look and said has come out of the rubber any ideas on how to put it back on please without having to go to a garrage any help will be greatful thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts