Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a closer look at my "new to me" car today.
There are so many light scratches, it looks like someone put a gritty tarpaulin over the top of it and then proceeded to pull the tarp all over the car.
I have spent all day with the very fine brush that halfords gives in it's touch up pen, trying to get rid of the worst of them.

Any light scratch turns white, why is that? Did the same in my old dark green metallic 306.
It likes the final coat is as thin as can be.

Also the windscreen glass is scratched just below drivers field of vision, looks like someone ran a glass scraper over it in a lazy S pattern :(

C

·
0 Posts
The paints are supplied by BASF, who supply to most mainland Euro manufacturers. The process for applying them is much the same across the brands.

You Pugs paint is crap because it's been treated like a piece of poo, which doesn't bode well for a car that's been lovingly cherished. This is the potential first sign that you've bought a lemon.

·
Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
A good valet can usually bring the paintwork up well, depending on the depth of the scratches!

·
Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
Auto glym super resin polish which has a mild cutting ability will help fillin the scratches and improve its look.
Super Resin is good for lighter scratches. Autoglym also do a Paintwork renovator for deeper stuff, but as usual it can only do so much!

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Search other posts for paintwork. Machine polish with Farecla G3 and then polish up using a machine glaze/polish. Finish off by hand with Auto Glym super resin :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts