Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and have a question to ask.

In June, my 2005 307 1.6 had a complete cylinder head overhaul at the local Peugeot garage. Whilst it generally runs better than before, I can't help noticing that it is consuming more fuel than before the work was done.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I live in a very hot country and during the summer months, there is usually more fuel consumption due to the air-conditioning, but even taking that into account, the fuel gauge goes visibly down even when doing the usual school run etc. This car has always been very economical to run.

Thanks,
SherryA

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Maybe they fitted the timing belt one cog out (it should not be possible if they did it correctly) or they did not lap the valves properly, but if it is actually running well, that does not seem likely.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Take it back to the garage and note your concerns to them and see what they have to say. Once you start changing bits or the like they will wash their hands of it. But possibly a good service meaning all filters and clean engine oil might make a difference. BUT check with the garage first!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hmm. Seems a bit similar to my 2.0 Hdi. the cambelt was changed by the garage I bought it off. It runs really smoothly and whilst I don't expect the 60 mpg that Peugeot quote as it's done 124k I feel it should be better than 45 on a long motorway run (at 70 since you ask). Having said that it starts really well and runs well so I may just ignore it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts