Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have peugeot 308 its was in at the peugeot dealer i got the car and it came back damaged they want me to pay half which i aint its gonna cost them £700 to put i got a quote i need to give it to them

bumper needs painting
needs a wing
needs wheel arch cover

P

·
0 Posts
If it was me, I wouldn't have accepted the car back. Would have demanded to speak to every manager under sun until the damage was fixed. If they damaged it whilst it was in their care, then surely its 100% up to them to sort the damage.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If it was me, I wouldn't have accepted the car back. Would have demanded to speak to every manager under sun until the damage was fixed. If they damaged it whilst it was in their care, then surely its 100% up to them to sort the damage.
I agree, I use to work in a garage and if we did any damage to customers car while it was in the workshop we had to put it right regardless as to how good or bad the car was before we did any damage.......The only problem could be if it was damaged in the car park when ot might not have been the garages fault, but normally it would be done as a goodwill gesture.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i have peugeot 308 its was in at the peugeot dealer i got the car and it came back damaged they want me to pay half which i aint its gonna cost them £700 to put i got a quote i need to give it to them

bumper needs painting
needs a wing
needs wheel arch cover
:lol: that's a joke right?

I'd have laughed in their face, and why do you need to give them the quote? what kind of Peugeot dealer can't do the repair work themselves :nono:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
When they take a car, they should do a walk around and sign off on the job card any defects big or small. they then get you to sign. If they didnt do this then it is all down on them as an empty space is taken as "nothing wrong".

Get as much paperwork and photos as you can, for evidence. the more you have the better. They will try and wriggle out of this one.

·
Registered
134 Posts

bumper needs painting
needs a wing
needs wheel arch cover
Was there actually a question I that lot ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
i'd go c a socilter because they have trade insurance that covers them and once they c letters from a socliter they will pay up.

if they willing to pay 4 half of it means they no they r at fault and they no it they trying to get u to pay half to save their pockets.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys i am taking car to the the dealer tomorrow they dont have a bodyshop themselves they want to use a smart repair which i aint gonna let them take it there

they doing as gesture of goodwill after week trying to look at cctv footage which the cameras are crap images damage i believe was done in the workshop putting the car into or out of it theres a rubber make on top of bonnet as though someone has caught the top while carrying a tool or tyre

there are other issues with car so car may get handed back if its not fixed

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well been to dealer where it happened they want me to foot the bill they wont,, however i am waiting for call from the dealer owner who peugeot got hold of the dealer principal who is aware and is going to call me he agrees that the branch where it was damaged should pay as it was in their care,, now yesterdat morning before i spoke to peugeot i sent the finance company details of the damage and other issues with the car and sent dealer principal and peugeot itself letters of complaint now if the dealer doesnt sort it peugeot will as its the vehicle brand at stake

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i will but i will give it few days for a reply as the owner has to contact me and the dealership branch in question they will be indated with calls from peugeot and santander which will not go down well and i may well go to newpaper

watchdog speak to dominic littlewood name and shame in the biggest way poss if needed

but the is richard hardie in the north east

·
Registered
464 Posts
If it's the dealership in Sunderland, the company which does it's smart repairs is GT Car Cosmetics - I know the guys personally and they do a good job - might be worth considering if the damage is small enough - they won't do anything that needs proper bodyshop attention - if they can't get it right, they wont try....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it needs proper bodyshop not a smart repair cause the car needs a wing wheels arch cover and bumper painting its not the sunderland branch the car i got came from the sunderland branch

its 2 years old and its been a problem since day 1 literally

·
5,032 Posts
Ive had 2 cars from the Sunderland branch and they have been great in the past, It has been a few years since i dealt with them so things could have changed. I know one of our members has recently bought a 407 from them and as far as i know he's been happy with there service etc.

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
You say the car needs body shop not smart repair but without any pics to back this up nobody here can really judge

As has been said if they reconed a smart repair was possible then it cannot have been that bad but without pics we are never going to know

Sounds a bit like they do want to repair but not on your terms !

·
Registered
677 Posts
My Renault got damaged by the dealer back in the 90s and after not noticing the scratch across the roof they did whilst fitting a new sunroof because it was dark when i picked it up they tried telling me I did it !
I went in and spoke to the boss the next day. who called the technician who fitted the roof and he went rather red faced and they ended up giving me a refund on the sunroof and a free paint job and valet and a free service !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i richard hardie at present are not moving on it there trying not to pay but peugeot headoffice will be in touch on monday with them and i will know the outcome wednesday peugeot will phone me the way the guy on phone said i should get it fixed without cost to me fingers crossed

well in meantime the finance company will phone them monday too

i am going to get them to sort car out with the other issues even if i gotta go to other dealership to get it fixed if not car will go back to them

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dear friend i am really confused how you accept the car with damages and you are paying also to the garage.i used to repair my car when i dropped my car to garage they check all vehicle if their is any damage they will mention it. if my car got any damage under their car so they have to fix it not i have to pay for it...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts