Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had car in this morning at local garage to me as it was knocking whilst turning onto drive and any other uneven surface whilst turning.

Thought it may have been the ball joints as I know they say they wear fast on these, but garage has checked those along with all bushed etc and can find nothing.

The only thing they can get to bank is the steering rack?

Any ideas what this means? and if I can fix it or not worry about it?

Cheers

C

·
0 Posts
Had car in this morning at local garage to me as it was knocking whilst turning onto drive and any other uneven surface whilst turning.

Thought it may have been the ball joints as I know they say they wear fast on these, but garage has checked those along with all bushed etc and can find nothing.

The only thing they can get to bank is the steering rack?

Any ideas what this means? and if I can fix it or not worry about it?

Cheers

Have a look through this thread then Jack your car up and see if you have and rust deposits like trem1 did. Mine passed an MOT only a few weeks before and mine where exactly the same as Trem1's!!!!!

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/407-lower-balljoint-replacement-13760/

they are only cheap to replace aswell off ebay

407 lower ball joints | eBay

failing this search through the forum as there are other things that can clunk n bang apart from your steering rack ie top mounts etc etc, all are well documented on here!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts