Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gap Insurance , the insurance that more or less means if your car is written off , you get a brand new car , and not the value of the car at the time of the accident , but !!!.....my dealer who will remain nameless was going to charge me £399.00 for three years cover ....my own insurance people ..well a bit different !!...£160.00 for three years cover , a bit of a difference there !!.. see also this link ...Gap insurance: do you need it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, never knew that motor insurance is relatively low outside my country.
I'm quoted S$2200/yr (£1250.00)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes we have gap insurance from directgap, transferred it from our old car to the new one for an extra £20! :thumb: Garage knew we wouldn't be buying off them! I'm not that green.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You got there before me! just deleted my post. I must admit I would never go without it for such a small fee!

·
Registered
14 Posts
NEVER take a GAP insurance from where you are buying the car! In my case the dealership wanted to charge me £400 - Got the same type of insurance for £156.
I went for 'total loss gap' - you can quote your car without entering any of your car/personal details.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My car insurance covers the complete replacement cost for the first year, so I took out a two year gap insurance with directgap (thanks Jill) deferred until the first anniversary of my car's first registration. Makes the deal slightly cheaper than taking out the full 3 years.

By the way, this topic has been covered before lovemycar.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My car insurance covers the complete replacement cost for the first year, so I took out a two year gap insurance with directgap (thanks Jill) deferred until the first anniversary of my car's first registration. Makes the deal slightly cheaper than taking out the full 3 years.

By the way, this topic has been covered before lovemycar.
Opps did not see it being covered before !!

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is NOT car insurance , this is additional to your car insurance , read the link provided in my original post !!
In my country the car insurance includes something like this. If the car is written off during the first year, I get full price of the car back + 30% extra. If the car is written off later, I get the estimated value of the car + 30% extra.

Although, of course the car insurance companies offer cheaper car insurance products that do not include this extra 30% thing. But in any case it's baked into your car insurance and you cannot buy it separately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts