Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 307 CC and it all looks pretty good. The roof looks good from the outside but on the inside the area where the roof joins the windscreen there is a slight gap of around 5mm.

The below picture shows how it should look (I took this picture from another car (207cc) at another dealer to compare).

The area between the arrows in the above picture is where the gap is on the car I'm looking at buying. Also in the middle where the most right arrow is there's some give if I push up with my hand.

To me it looks like the inner roof area isn't being properly locked into place flush against the windscreen area.

Anyone seen this before, is it something I should worry about?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Registered
464 Posts
Not being specific about your issue but in my experience, if there is ANYTHING wrong with the roof on a drop-top - it's best avoided.... Repairs are often a fortune, even more so on the newer motorised roofs....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics of the offending roof as well would be better. Pictures of a good roof don't really show any problems
Fair point :)

I viewed another car and took pictures as this had the same gap. So I have now seen two 307's with exactly the same gap. The pictures in my earlier post were from a 207, so I wonder if its a 207 vs 307 thing?

Anyone got a 307 cc here? Do you have a gap like pictured below?

307 With gap between roof and windscreen..... (There is no gap visible externally, so I would assume the seal is good.

So of the two 307's I have seen both show this gap, so perhaps it's normal?

Thanks again

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts