Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was wondering if someone can help me please.

I have a Peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 110 bhp with the dreaded dpf issue. When i bought the car everything was fine, after driving hundred miles the car lost power and went into lint mode. I took my car to the garage who informed me i have a dpf fault, they confirmed the dpf has been removed but the ecu needs remapping.

I read around the topic and i decided to purchase a galletto 1260 and purchase a dpf removal file from a trusted seller and write the file to ecu myself.

The problem i am having is with the galletto 1260 cable itself, using the software that came with the cable and instructions, i can read my ecu data fine, but i cant save the ecu data to my laptop. I keep getting an error message which states " END OF READ. TURN OF THE DASHBOARD". I also get a " Error seed key" message (picture attached). The galletto is windows 7 compatible and i have right clicked the exe software and checked the run on windows xp mode.

I have been told that it could either be the cable itself or the previous owner has protected the ecu with ECU SAFE, the only way to get this sorted is by letting a professional update my ecu meaning i have to take my ecu out of my car and send it away.

I just thought i would post my issue on this forum and get some feedback along with some advise with anyone who has experience with dpf issues on Peugeot. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
5,618 Posts
Can you not get hold of a XP machine. I have both XP and Win 7 machines and XP is rocket solid with Planet, Diagbox and KWP2000+ but connection is unreliable with Win 7 XP mode.

I have also heard of some people having more connection problems with early diesels with Gallett0 1260 than KWP.

Can you not find a friend who will let you try to download from their car to see if lead is OK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I don't have xp and my friends don't have a car that is compatible with a galletto.

I bought the galletto because it was windows 7 compatible but I'm starting to believe the the cable may be faulty , just wondered if anyone has faced similar problems and if there is a solution without spending anymore money or if there is something I am doing wrong

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi All,

I was wondering if someone can help me please.

I have a Peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 110 bhp with the dreaded dpf issue. When i bought the car everything was fine, after driving hundred miles the car lost power and went into lint mode. I took my car to the garage who informed me i have a dpf fault, they confirmed the dpf has been removed but the ecu needs remapping.

I read around the topic and i decided to purchase a galletto 1260 and purchase a dpf removal file from a trusted seller and write the file to ecu myself.

The problem i am having is with the galletto 1260 cable itself, using the software that came with the cable and instructions, i can read my ecu data fine, but i cant save the ecu data to my laptop. I keep getting an error message which states " END OF READ. TURN OF THE DASHBOARD". I also get a " Error seed key" message (picture attached). The galletto is windows 7 compatible and i have right clicked the exe software and checked the run on windows xp mode.

I have been told that it could either be the cable itself or the previous owner has protected the ecu with ECU SAFE, the only way to get this sorted is by letting a professional update my ecu meaning i have to take my ecu out of my car and send it away.

I just thought i would post my issue on this forum and get some feedback along with some advise with anyone who has experience with dpf issues on Peugeot. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
unless you sort the dpf before you may it you will always have problems with eml light coming on

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi

I have searched for hours on google and cannot find an resolution to the error I am getting.

I will try xp virtual machine and see if that works, in the mean time if anyone else has a resolution please let me know.

P.s I have also been told the Ecu may be locked by ecusafe?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi jack,

Yes you may be right, i think the previous buyer got the dpf removed and remapped the ecu, however i think it may have been a bad remap.

I have had the car on a diagnostics machine and cleared all the faults, the car runs fine for about 100 miles and then lint mode kicks back in again.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i had the same issue with mine and it was the cable the 2.0 110 ecus are all bosch,

another note if you need the oem file for your ecu i have a copy of it also you need to turn the fap in the bsi or you will get error codes, just remember any AP faults are not always linked the to FAP could be the egr or the turbo boost sensor or map.maf sensors

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi cmax,

I have attached pictures of the faults diagnosed using a peugeot planet, what do you think is the best way forward?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
best way to go is to remove the FAP from the ECU then turn it off in the BSI.

also if your looking more power you could remap the ECU while your at it, but the the setps i would do is

1: remove the FAP, from the ecu
2: turn off the FAP in the BSI
3: Gut the FAP Filter or replace with a straight pipe

sorted :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts