Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

A useful forum which I have followed regularly since taking delivery of my 2017 GT Line 3008.

It's just had its 4th service with comment from the garage the fan belt needs changing as it's starting to perish. Four years old and 21k miles.

But reason for this post are fuses which is giving me a short fuse!

Couple of weeks ago the boot and rear power supply (cigarette lighter) stopped working. Not sure why as the boot only gets used for a dashcam, and rear seat power for tyre pump.

As nether work I presume they are on the same circuit. The front power supply works OK.

Fuses in the rear dashcam and tyre pump haven't blown so presume the fuse in the car has blown.

My original manual is useless with no mention of fuse details, and subsequent manual online gives more details and suggests it's under the steering wheel which isnt.

It looks like it's behind a white plate behind the fuse flap in the glove compartment. And that white plate looks like it had clips which seem impossible to get to and put in front is the tangle of cables and connectors.

It certainly doesn't look like an easy way to change a fuse, those cables and connectors don't have much movement and reluctant to disconnect the connectors.

I guess if the car was a left hand drive with plenty of space on the left of the car it would be an easier fuse change. But the French knew we were leaving the EU so would make things difficult for the Brits!

Any tips on changing fuses? I have done various searches which all seem to relate to the old style 3008 and not the new model introduced in 2017.

Or any idea how to get the power socket out of the boot to see if anything has come lose?

I don't feel like getting the whole dashboard out to change a fuse even if I knew where to start!

Feels like it's a dealer diagnostic and change fuse, assuming that's the problem. :-(

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I can’t help you with any knowledge about which fuse it might be or where it is, I’m afraid. Although I have managed to hardwire my dashcam into the fuse bow through all the spaghetti. I ended up removing the side trim and glovebox to do it, which isn’t as hard as it sounds. So with a little patience and someone to hold a torch, it can be done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mr_Dave,

I did have a look underneath the glovebox where the footwell light is by removing the three plastic clips but couldnt see any screws for the glovebox. Could you describe how you did that and remove ther side panel, which I presume the latter is just clipped in and need to be carefully prized off the dashboard?

Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Mr_Dave,

I did have a look underneath the glovebox where the footwell light is by removing the three plastic clips but couldnt see any screws for the glovebox. Could you describe how you did that and remove ther side panel, which I presume the latter is just clipped in and need to be carefully prized off the dashboard?

Thanks.
The side panel is just clipped in and pulls off easily with plastic trim tools. I’ve just looked at the glovebox and realised I didn’t remove it as I was thinking of my last car which had the easily removable glovebox. On the 3008 once the side panel is off and the fuse cover is off, you have a better view of the fuses once you pluck up the courage to pull all the wiring out of the way. You’ll need long nose pliers and don’t drop any fuses!
The main issue for me is that I have not as yet been able to find an accurate diagram that describes the function of each fuse. The diagram in the handbook is of no use whatsoever.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks sniktaw.

I dont suppose you have any diagrams for how to remove the glove compartment to make some more space to access the fuses? I've not attempted the fuse change yet, I'm waiting for a dry day as it's not going to be a five minute job.

I did email Peugeot UK MD Julie David this week for her opinion on how a driver is expected to change a fuse, but their customer service replied the following day saying they couldn't comment on the location of the fuse box and I would need to take it to an authorised dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the F17 fuse has blown which has been replaced and the rear passenger seat power socket now working but the boot power socket still not working. Have got the power socket out of the boot and will get that tested although it looks ok.

Getting the glove box out did make it easier to get to the fuses although getting the white plate unlatched in front of the fuses was a bit of tugging.

Peugeot really don't want car owners to be able to change the fuses of UK cars, very very stupid of them. Knowingly they can earn £££ for what should be a simple change. The passenger seat area should not look like the attached to change a fuse!

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Peugeot are just saving money as they couldn't be bothered to redesign the electrical system for right hand drive installation - so in turn you also end up with a tiny glove box.

If you don't like that situation then vote with your wallet & buy another brand of vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr Lee, I am sure there would be something to moan about with any brand of car. Just always frustrating when the problem still exists after removing the glovebox to get to the fuse box for what could have been easy to do for the driver if Peugeot had taken the time to think about practicalities. But we are where we are.

I really like my 3008, it's great to drive with the 1.2 engine and auto gearbox, etc, something I presume you don't like your Peugeot seen as your signature refers to the "308 Allure 1.2 purecrap" and will be changing to another brand?

·
3,830 Posts
I didnt find the fuses too bad to get to...but then I have long nosed angled pliers...if your trying to use the little fuse tool or fingers it can be a pain....and as you say..all makes have there issues that owners dislike..

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
I presume you don't like your Peugeot seen as your signature refers to the "308 Allure 1.2 purecrap" and will be changing to another brand?
After 24 years of 6 various Peugeot vehicles, the 308 will be my last Stellantis product.

1.2 Purecrap suffers from self disintegrating wet timing belts, a recently reduced replacement interval down to 62500 miles / 6 years which is around a £600 bill at a Peugeot main dealer & then the icing on the cake - due to the wonderful direct injection fuel system it cokes up the backs of the inlet valves.

Already had my inlet valves de coked at just 34k miles - Peugeot " lack of " customer service where totally un interested until both the main dealer & myself pressurised them in to paying for it.
The main dealer even offered to repair it at cost if Peugeot hadn't agree to pay the repair bill.

Not bad for a Peugeot approved used vehicle less then 5 years old with full Peugeot main dealer service history & Peugeot extended warranty.

Engine of the year award winner 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear that Mr Lee. I guess part of the problem is trying to get more environmentally friendly credentials out of engines which looks good on paper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Despite the manual saying F17 fuse is for the boot power socket the manual is wrong - that is for the rear passenger power socket. In the fuse box in the glove box (atleast on my 2017 GT Line) first there is a white plate holding all sorts of connections, unclip and move this out the way to see two fuse boards one behind each other. The fuse for the boot power socket is on the second board furthest from the white plate front, as indicated by the arrow on the bottom row, I could not see a fuse number. Unlike the rear passenger power being 10 amp fuse, the boot is a 15 amp fuse.

All working now, thanks for help on this forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts