·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Has any one found the layout of the fuse boxes
( the one under the bonnet and the one inside behind the glove box ) ,
it would be good to know what fuse is what

thx :)
Hi Sunman

As you know, I discovered the fuse box in the glove compartment and I made enquiries at Peugeot to obtain a fuse diagram as this is the first car I have had where this has been lacking. I was advised to contact my dealership which I did reluctantly because I know how helpful they can be (not). I telephoned the service department of my dealership and spoke to a manager who wanted to know why I needed a diagram so I explained that if a circuit blew I would need to know where to look for the broken fuse (only natural I thought). He said this was not available and the car’s electrics are very sophisticated etc., so I went on to explain that the manual mentions being able to download a diagram but the internet link doesn’t appear to be active. The manager said leave it to him and he would phone back later which surprise, surprise he did not.

I have now been in France for four or so weeks and my daughter informs me that I have received something in the post at home which looks like some electrical diagram so I guess the manager must have tried to contact me and has responded to my request to provide a fuse diagram so without seeing it to be certain, my apologies go to the manager of the service department.

What I am trying to say, I suppose, is that the diagrams are there to be requested. On the other hand I could ask my daughter to scan the diagram and e-mail it to me so I can post it on the forum.

If it’s any help, I found the two most accessible yellow fuses to be the ones that provided the switched and continuous power supplies but I have no idea which circuits they protect. The upper contacts appear to be the unprotected side of the fuse, so this is what I connected to so there should be no additional draw across the fuse and risk of it blowing because of the additional power provided to my dash cam, which has its own fuse anyway.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Sunman

As you know, I discovered the fuse box in the glove compartment and I made enquiries at Peugeot to obtain a fuse diagram as this is the first car I have had where this has been lacking. I was advised to contact my dealership which I did reluctantly because I know how helpful they can be (not). I telephoned the service department of my dealership and spoke to a manager who wanted to know why I needed a diagram so I explained that if a circuit blew I would need to know where to look for the broken fuse (only natural I thought). He said this was not available and the car’s electrics are very sophisticated etc., so I went on to explain that the manual mentions being able to download a diagram but the internet link doesn’t appear to be active. The manager said leave it to him and he would phone back later which surprise, surprise he did not.

I have now been in France for four or so weeks and my daughter informs me that I have received something in the post at home which looks like some electrical
diagram so I guess the manager must have tried to contact me and has responded to my request to provide a fuse diagram so without seeing it to be certain, my apologies go to the manager of the service department.

What I am trying to say, I suppose, is that the diagrams are there to be requested. On the other hand I could ask my daughter to scan the diagram and e-mail it to me so I can post it on the forum.

If it’s any help, I found the two most accessible yellow fuses to be the ones that provided the switched and continuous power supplies but I have no idea which circuits they protect. The upper contacts appear to be the unprotected side of the fuse, so this is what I connected to so there should be no additional draw across the fuse and risk of it blowing because of the additional power provided to my dash cam, which has its own fuse anyway.
Hi Dautres,

Just a word to the wise, the fuse is there to protect the circuit i.e. the wiring in case a short occurs which could be the cause of a fire. it may be a good idea for you to get a piggy back fuse that would fit in with your original fuse so that way you can protect the wire leading to your dash cam fuse.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hi Dautres,

Just a word to the wise, the fuse is there to protect the circuit i.e. the wiring in case a short occurs which could be the cause of a fire. it may be a good idea for you to get a piggy back fuse that would fit in with your original fuse so that way you can protect the wire leading to your dash cam fuse.

You are probably technically correct Tony but my dash cam is wired via a Power magic Pro and I followed the manufacturer's wiring directions to the letter, which state a fuse tap is not absolutely necessary, just a convenience.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
many thanks Dautres

Ill have a go asking my local service manager and see how i get on .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glove Box fuses

HI

I have removed the cover to get to the fuses but all I can see is a wiring harness with a number of connectors. This is a white plastic plate beneath the wiring harnesses .

How do you get to the fuses?

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
HI

I have removed the cover to get to the fuses but all I can see is a wiring harness with a number of connectors. This is a white plastic plate beneath the wiring harnesses .

How do you get to the fuses?

Any help appreciated

Hi Wensleydaleb

I don't remember a white plate, I just pulled the wiring harness around and I spotted a few fuses. You'll need a torch and I used some very thin, long pliers to remove and replace the fuses. I'll try and take a photo and post it later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You're right there is a white panel but the fuses are located below this.
On the photo you will see a red wire and yellow wire both with tags on, these are my dash cam wires. Out of focus, you can just about make out the fuses between the two wires. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
You're right there is a white panel but the fuses are located below this.
On the photo you will see a red wire and yellow wire both with tags on, these are my dash cam wires. Out of focus, you can just about make out the fuses between the two wires. Hope this helps.
Wow, it seems even the replacing a fuse is would be difficult. I wonder how and where the A/C filters would remove and locate it...:eek::eek:

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Peugeot have never really labelled the fuseboxes like most other manufacturers do and i have never really understood why as although it is in the handbook somewhere it would be much easier if it just told you on the lid !!

They will argue different versions have different fuse designations but to be honest most have the same layout nowadays and where some will have a fuse for coils/ecu on a petrol model it will still be for the same thing ie ecu on a diesel model its just to make people think only the dealer can do things when in reality even they are clueless :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I wired to the two 5amp fuses but have no idea which circuits they protect. I have a fuse diagram in the Uk which I am hoping my daughter is going to e-mail to me this week so I might have a bit more information I can pass on after that.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Peugeot have never really labelled the fuseboxes like most other manufacturers do and i have never really understood why as although it is in the handbook somewhere it would be much easier if it just told you on the lid !!

They will argue different versions have different fuse designations but to be honest most have the same layout nowadays and where some will have a fuse for coils/ecu on a petrol model it will still be for the same thing ie ecu on a diesel model its just to make people think only the dealer can do things when in reality even they are clueless :)
Wiper fuse went in my QQ some months ago , called the breakdown people to fix it , that's what i pay for ...Simple !!

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Dautres - I have sent you a Private Message if you get a chance to read it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wired to the two 5amp fuses but have no idea which circuits they protect. I have a fuse diagram in the Uk which I am hoping my daughter is going to e-mail to me this week so I might have a bit more information I can pass on after that.
Can you show the fuse diagram yet Dautres, as I'm going to hard wire a dash cam and theres not much to be seen behind the fuse box cover except cabling and connectors, i mean where are the fuses?Theres not much to go on.
Cheers
Kevin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.