Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've just recently purchased a new, to me, 308 GTi. I've browsed this forum but this is my first post, so hello to everyone.

It's a great car, but not perfect... there are a few irritating noises coming from the door card, but I may (time will tell) have made progress sorting this with a can of silicon lubricant.

I find the satnav a bit limiting and not a patch on my portable tomtom. The tomtom has a much better live traffic system and I was looking to see how I could hard wire it in, mounting it so you look through the steering wheel to see it.

Anyway, I opened up the fuse box to find a mess of wires! See attached picture. Surely this cannot be normal. Before I take the car to the dealer to inquire if it has had a major electrical issue please can you let me know if in fact this is just a daft design fault common in all cars?

Thanks

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
TBH, that looks messy. You've got a pair of red tweezers for removing fuses - there's no way you'll be able to get at the fuses with that birds nest in the way!

I can't imagine for one minute that it left the factory in that condition, so I'd be inclined to look into it

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yeah, this is normal. Not for all cars but obviously for Peugeot, at least 308 T9.
This is my first Peugeot and I was, huh, surprised when I saw this. My car is LHD so the mess looks slightly better, but still ....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, good to know this is normal, but what an odd design...! I've never seen anything like this on any other car.

I suppose if you ever need to unplug a particular loom, you can get to the plugs, but even so...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks everyone, good to know this is normal, but what an odd design...! I've never seen anything like this on any other car.

I suppose if you ever need to unplug a particular loom, you can get to the plugs, but even so...

Dove is optional, not in Active trim?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The car was at the dealers today so I asked them to check that the fuse box is OK- they said it was.

It might be normal for peugeot, but it certainly isn't normal for any other car I've ever owned!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Its normal for a French/Italian car. I have had a few, its messy as its a LHD design just "Bodged" for RHD markets. The worst mistake I have seen (not on the 308T9) is where the pedals are linked to linkage to the left hand side of the car - you can see the carpet floor twitching...!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well, I also have had a few Italian and French cars.
Simca 1307S
Simca 1307GLS
Renault 20TL
Renault 30TS
Renault 5GTX
Renault Laguna dCi
Renault Scenic 1.6 16V
Fiat Argenta 2500D
Fiat Uno 1.3D
Fiat Uno 1.0IE
Alfa Romeo 33 1.4

I can't remember that I seen something like this before.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well, I also have had a few Italian and French cars.
Simca 1307S
Simca 1307GLS
Renault 20TL
Renault 30TS
Renault 5GTX
Renault Laguna dCi
Renault Scenic 1.6 16V
Fiat Argenta 2500D
Fiat Uno 1.3D
Fiat Uno 1.0IE
Alfa Romeo 33 1.4

I can't remember that I seen something like this before.
Yes but all of your cars are LHD so will have been designed as LHD from day one. The RHD cars are generally redesigned with little thought for aftersales support.

I have had a Fiat Uno 60S mk2 1108cc that was a real nightmare. Plus it was my first car...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yes but all of your cars are LHD so will have been designed as LHD from day one. The RHD cars are generally redesigned with little thought for aftersales support.

I have had a Fiat Uno 60S mk2 1108cc that was a real nightmare. Plus it was my first car...
Yes, that could be a reason.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts