Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am new here. I am also new to Peugeot (held a licence for 15 years and have only ever driven Toyota vehicles before this).

Purchased a 57 plate Peugeot 407 se sw 1 week ago. Driving from work today, there was a loud buzzing sound and the display switched itself off momentarily and then back on. I did not need to re-start the car. There were no warning lights or anything on the dash or the display. Very strange! Any ideas?

The other thing I wish to ask if that the display is really bright and clear when I set out on my journey but about 15 minutes into my journey, it is really faded in parts and cannot be read. ??

Many thanks in anticipation of any replies.

Dan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hello and welcome, the display is a common problem, if you search the forum some one sells them coded to your car for £100, it should then last longer than the car.
As for the buzzin, thats a strange one. Sounds like somethin was shortin out.

C

·
0 Posts
Yep Got to agree with 407xjr the display fading is a common one heres a link to the chap on here who sells them already coded. I need one but never actually get round to actually emailing him haha

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/sale-20/multifunction-lcd-display-peugeot-407-rd4-23977/

As for the buzzing where is it coming from exactly? are your heaters working properly ie hot, cold, different directions ( windscreen, face vents etc ). as I was thinking maybe something to do with the heater flaps perhaps. I would Definately get it looked at as if its a loose connection shorting out you want it fixing ASAP .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your replies.

You may have a point there, as I only had the heater on when the noise happened. Gonna have it looked at. Only had it a week.

Thanks again

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts