Peugeot Forums banner

Funny noise from 1400hdi

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  daffyduck 
#1 ·
When I first start my car Im getting this strange noise, like a hissing/chuffing noise.

Once the car has been driven for about 15 mins it disappears. Have a couple of videos below of when car was first started and after being driven to work....

Ive just had 4 new injectors fitted a few weeks ago...I hope this is not the sign of 1 of them starting to leak again.

Only fault code Im getting is diesel temperature sensor...

IMG_0320_zps60623b10.mp4 Video by daffyduck42 | Photobucket

IMG_0321_zps6c7242e3.mp4 Video by daffyduck42 | Photobucket

#5 ·
How come its only when car is first started and will that be the same labour over again tightening them down as mechanic said it was tortue changing the four of them. Took him 6 hours

#6 ·
It does it when cold as the copper seal is hard once warm it expands and softens sealing the gap

As said tighten the leaky one a little more it happens after refits sometimes as the heat makes things settle and i always retighten after they have been run to be sure no leakage

#9 ·
Its a 1.4hdi, injectors are a major job with this engine. Mechanic charged me £90 for 6 hours labour which was more than reasonable. Good mechanic, never had any issues with jobs before.

I know changing them you have to remove alot of parts, mechanic said near half the engine had to come out but i wonder if that applies to just tightening them up

#10 ·
Thats what im saying the 1.6 and 2 litre 16 valves have 2 clamps each but im sure the 1.4 is a single bolt clamp and as such should be dooable with a thin extension bar down the gap they are in

I know what its like removing them i have done that but i cannot remember if it was single bolt clamps i recon it was though and 1 hour tops should do it

#11 ·
Mechanic said he will retighten them, no charge, said to leave car down so he can see for himself though as he said the usually do stay tight as there is only so much you can tighten them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.