Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Function of S button near semi-automatic gearbox (2012)?

I have just put a deposit down on a 2012 Peugeot 308 semi-automatic car.

I'll collect it in a few days time.

I noticed, whilst test driving it, there is an S (presumably Sport) button near the gearbox.

I forgot to ask the dealership what it does.

Does anyone know which aspects of the car it alters?

·
Registered
867 Posts
On mine the S stands for 'Sport Mode' basically it holds the car in each gear for longer giving you a quicker acceleration rate.

Handy if your trying to give an Audi driver a race - you wont win though!! :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wish i hadn't bothered with the 308 auto,so sluggish,poor fuel economy.

(no idea why my first post got deleted)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish i hadn't bothered with the 308 auto,so sluggish,poor fuel economy.

(no idea why my first post got deleted)
"The 308 HDi holds the Guinness world record of the most fuel-efficient mainstream car currently in production, having averaged 3.13 litres per 100 kilometres (90 mpg‑imp; 75 mpg‑US) over a distance of 14,580 km (9,060 mi)."

·
Registered
45 Posts
"The 308 HDi holds the Guinness world record of the most fuel-efficient mainstream car currently in production, having averaged 3.13 litres per 100 kilometres (90 mpg‑imp; 75 mpg‑US) over a distance of 14,580 km (9,060 mi)."

Looks like i should have got the diesel version then.:whistle:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man, it's such a rubbish implementation!

The Sport mode on my previous car, a 2007 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 SXi (Petrol), pulled you back into your seat every time you tapped the accelerator.

I didn't expect something exactly like that with the Peugeot but I can hardly tell when the mode is off or on in this thing :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh man, it's such a rubbish implementation!

The Sport mode on my previous car, a 2007 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 SXi (Petrol), pulled you back into your seat every time you tapped the accelerator.

I didn't expect something exactly like that with the Peugeot but I can hardly tell when the mode is off or on in this thing :D

I've never bothered using it but that dont surprise me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts