Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ive just had a new clutch fitted ,so used the car last night for the first time , my eyes started stinging ,feel dizzy and a dry throat funny smell ,,,got home and asked my wife to smell inside the car , absolute stinking , seen a link on here about leaking turbo , first thing this morning bought a carbon monoxide detector and sure enough it went nuts , jammed it in the cover of the panoramic sunroof . again eyes stinging feel sick yuk !!! black soot all around the turbo not:confused: a small bit a lot and the car is stinking .
06 . 307 sw 1.6hdi 110 . the turbo was all moved for the clutch fitting so somethings not right and I am not going back in that gas chamber

Cheers Ken

P

·
0 Posts
Assume car was fine before clutch was done? If so take it back and have a word with people who did it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fumes in car sorted asap

Assume car was fine before clutch was done? If so take it back and have a word with people who did it.
Hi Thanks I just been up and they have to move the turbo to get to the clutch and it was the DPF clamp leaking , He said is was a bugger to free right enough ,so in tomorrow and fitting a new one , the guy was sound , nothing like driving around with all the windows down and no blowers on a cold day lol

Cheers Ken :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pictures of head shield

Few pic's of the soot building up after 20 miles , its was really blowing smoke , shows the heat shield were the clamp is behind , so car needs to be cool to remove and fit new one its so tight and it all had to be removed to get the new clutch in , I cant complain clutch was a sachs as the fly wheel was a sachs 95 for the clutch and new bush for the fly wheel and 140 labour mates rate , 1.6 diesel is a pain to fit . I have found over the years a few surprises that even the vin or reg number cant tell you on the Peugeot computers. clutch comes up on the data as a LURK clutch or a VALEO not a SACHS clutch.
comm unit replacement ..mine no one does a re-furb or can test them even contacts on this site and ebay so had to get a new one for its MOT .
Bearing rear disc's again unless the rear wheel is off you cant tell and they are bloody dear ,then the worn nylon heat flap cogs which ive got a sticky on lol........... ive had my ups and downs but it now done 72000 miles and runs like a dream toured all over the UK 1500 miles in one trip depending if I am on the mainland or the western isles , got a few friends in the car trade who have helped save heaps of money ,but no corners cut , WHY do the French make things so confusing ????? The joys

Cheers Ken

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts