Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i change the fule filter on a 04 plate 2.0 hdi is it black and the shape of a can of coke at the forunt of the engine and also do i have to bleed it after i have done it and if so how do i do that. thanks very much for any held as new to this site. thanks

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
coshall said:
how do i change the fule filter on a 04 plate 2.0 hdi is it black and the shape of a can of coke at the forunt of the engine and also do i have to bleed it after i have done it and if so how do i do that. thanks very much for any held as new to this site. thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum. I hope you will stay and share knowledge...

Heres how you change the filer...

You need to take the filter assembly out..

Step 1 - take the pipers off.. remember to take care when you do that.. press the white clips in and simply pull.. no tools required.. There are three pipes, take them off..

Step 2 - now unscrew the two 10mm bolts holding the filter assembly to the engine..

Step 3 - once the assembly is out, close the bonnet (so that no dirt goes into the pipes or filter etc)

Step 4 - unscrew the top of the assembly as if you are opening a bottle, remember the position of the top cap as you need to ensure it is the same when replacing the filter for the pipes to be in position.

Step 5 - Drain the deisel in a clear container (simply to see the condition of your tank) now put in your new filter.. and fill the assembly with clean deisel.. I USE FORTE INJECTOR CLEANER instead of deisel which also treats the injectors that help the engine run smoother..

Step 6 - replace the cap (positioning as you took it off) Tighten it and holla you are done..

Simply screw it back on.. and connect the pipes..

Thats all !!!

No need for bleeding...

You do need to take off the engine cover (again no tools involved, its held with rubber bushes which you simply pull from the bottom half.. the top is clipped into the top engine cover..

good luck, give us a shout if you need help..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello again and thanks for your help did as you said but still comes up clean fule filter (FAP) but have put a new 1 in (£20 from pug) and some times will not rev past 3000 rpm. thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
cost can vary depending on if the person doing the job says you need a new filter and Eloy's fluid ( £££££££ ),

ask them to regenerate to make sure if it only needs that doing before committing to a new FAP filter because you will be in for a shock on the cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts