Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a lovely surprise on the way home from work today, a nice smell of diesel and some dribbles on the driveway, had a quick look on google as always and saw someone else had similar and it could be the locking ring and/or seal on the top of the tank, having a look under the round cover inside the car(under the back seat) there's diesel all over the top of the sender unit, plus I can move the sender unit by hand very easily, am I right in thinking this should be at least reasonably tight?? Its pretty loose so I'm thinking this is the culprit, cornering at speed seems to make it worse lol,
Just for info its a :
307 estate hdi 90 on a 55plate

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
The seal on this would not cause the sender to be loose as the seal is a rubber ring and seals on the inside of the sender so although it could cause a leak it is unlikely to make the sender loose.

The black ring holds the sender into the tank it screws on

Did you scrape the bottom of the car on a boulder high kerb recently as this could have pushed the sender up from the bottom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't owned it very long so it could have been scrapped from underneath, no obvious signs of it though, will have a closer look and see if the ring is cracked maybe? Just though maybe the seal had perished and was causing the sender to be loose, will have to have a look while its running cos there's diesel all over the top of the sender, the smell i got while driving was worse when cornering at high speed so its like when the fuel gets pushed up the sender end of the tank its getting out through there somewhere, should have known not to fill up a french car lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now sorted it, gently (with a hammer and blunt srewdriver) tapped the ring down tight, the garage where i brought it from must of either put a second hand sender in or had it out to clean it, it was just the ring loose thankfully

1 - 5 of 5 Posts