Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I recently bought a 2008 308 1.6 hdi and filled it for the first time yesterday. It wasn't all the way empty but i wanted to neck it see about this amazing fuel economy i've heard about. It took 60 liters and i thought that this was the size of the tank from dry empty but took no notice until i came back out after paying and there was a pool underneath it. I was wondering did i overfill it and did the diesel come out of a vent pipe or is it a bigger problem :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Had the same on a 307 filled it to the neck came out after paying and a guy said fuel was running out from below my car ,
turns out the pipe on top of the tank was leaking and mechanic said too much bother to drop the tank so just don`t fill it to the neck,
never had any bother after that just stuck in around £40 a time , saying that it was 2 years ago you could probably stick in nearly £60 now.

ps. he also said you shouldn`t fill a tank to the neck:thumb:

pps you under warranty?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that man. No there no warranty because there 150k on the car. I'll be sure not to neck it the next time especially with the price of it, cant just let it piss onto the ground. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Cheers for that man. No there no warranty because there 150k on the car. I'll be sure not to neck it the next time especially with the price of it, cant just let it piss onto the ground. :thumb:
I know but the first time it did it there was a puddle under me aswell.:lol:

Lift up the back seat and remove black cover to clear up any spilt so theres no smell in the car.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you bought it from a garage they should still fix it as it probably wouldn't be considered a wear item. Mileage does not effect your rights unless it is fair wear & tear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was an ex wurth rep car and I got it directly off them so i dont know but ill give them a buzz during the week and ask them whats the story

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
check under the rear seats and lift the black tab up if theres a diesel round the top of the fuel pump your seal as gone, happen to my dads C4 and they put a new seal and ring round the pump and never had any probs again with filling up and leaking under the car, 1st time it happen i was with him filling up the car and he was messing about and said there must be a hole in the tank i looked under the car and seen the diesel dripping on the ground he thought i was messing but looked him self and saw it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
under warranty, but the cost of the seal is £3 and the ring is £5-6 so its cheap! i had to do mine when my intank pump give up lol, dont do it yourself unless you have the tool to remove the locking ring hammer and flat bar wont work as you will break all the plastic tabs, what i done was call into pug and asked to speak to the head tech guy and he came to me took him to one side and asked if he could swap the ring over and seal used the magic word (few quid in it for you as its only 2min job) he said give me your key and wait here so i did came back 5mins later shouted over so the boss could hear your car tyre is pumped up your good to go went outside and slipped him £10 he told me not to worry about it but told him just to take it :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
There is a drain tube on the outer part of the filler neck, so if you dribble a bit it'll drain off. but if it's running out it's probably a filler neck problem.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i found that if i go to tesco fuel stations in boro...i can top the diesel off right to the rim (where the cap goes) but nowt leaks....theres been a few occasions where i wasnt paying attention and dumped a few quid around the car. :lol:

but with shell pumps i cant get close...keeps clicking out. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts