Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Got a 2005 1.6s a d every now and then I get a fuel smell in the cabin but after a few minutes it goes. I have done a search and could possibly be the fuel pump which I believe is located under the rear seat if I remove the cover and do notice a leak, what would cause this and what and how would I replace what ever is wrong?

·
Registered
45 Posts
It may be something as simple as the seal around the fuel cap. I had a car that the seal had perished and this allowed a smell into the cab. Or a loose fitting fuel cap. Just a posibilitiy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may be something as simple as the seal around the fuel cap. I had a car that the seal had perished and this allowed a smell into the cab. Or a loose fitting fuel cap. Just a posibilitiy
Will check these is there anything else that I can check if these are not the cause?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all well removed cover under seat and smell of petrol was quiet string and looked to have been leaking from somewhere any ideas where it would be coming from and how to fix?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will try get some pics but it does not really look like a major leak just a little bit you can just see it with your eyes but whether I can pic it up in a photo or not we will see lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts