Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I need the torque value to fit a new sensor. I am fully aware of the safety implications and Peugeot鈥檚 recommendation to change the fuel rail as a complete component. I have found various threads on the forum but not the actual torque value.

I look for you your assistance馃憤

The reason they say to change the whole rail is the same as for fuel pipes. There is a slight risk that the disconnecting and refitting of the sensor or union will allow swarf or similar from the threads into the fuel system.

I have stripped and rebuilt pumps etc in my shed and with good flushing and rinsing in clean diesel I have never had a problem. I always put a very slight smear of grease on the threads to help trap any swarf which also affects the torque figure.

I therefore just do the unions etc hand tight then tighten up to one flat (or it feels tight) and have never had a leak (most of the unions are tapers so torque is not too critical).

Bosch don't list torque that i can find for CR sensors but list 22Nm for most or the petrol sensors

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Windy many thanks for you reply. I used to work on military vehicles and they never torqued them used the same method as you. I see your a biker to I ride a VFR 800 spent a shed load this year just upgraded the wheels.
Getting back to the pug where can I get a decent wiring diagram from?

Ride Safe

Best option is a copy of Sedra/Servicebox which allows you to view diagrams for specific vehicles. I also think there is a Haynes manual with the basic diagrams. If you are after a specific diagram i can generate a PDF from your vin if needed from sedre

1 - 4 of 4 Posts