Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Following a breakdown I was told that I need a new fuel pump by the RAC patrolman. I brought a new one. I connected the power and upon
turning on the ignition I got no life from the pump. I did this with the pump out of the tank. Please could somebody give me ideas on what test procedure to follow from here. Kind regards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. I connected it to the existing loom, but still out of the tank. With the ignition on the voltage of the loom is 2. 28v . When the starter is engaged this varies between 2.2 to 2.3v. The pump fuse is ok with a voltage of 2.28v, ignition on. I checked the pump cut out switch. This seemed ok after doing a continuity test. The voltage there was 3.49v, ignition on. Hope to hear soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again. The RAC patrolman bridged the cut out switch and also said that this was not at fault. Does the pump have to be in the tank to function?
Thanks.

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
1 chances are your old pump is fine
2 you should have 12 volts at pump feed not 2
3 NEVER buy things based on what RAC AA Greenflag say they are NOT experts

4 wiring or a bad relay is most likely your real issue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. Had another go and got it working with the new pump. As a test I connected the old pump direct to the battery. No joy! I then did this with the new pump. It worked. All I can think is that when I originally connected the new pump I didn't push the connecter on properly.
Anyone any ideas on why I was getting such low voltage readings on the tests I did earlier.
Another problem that as arouse is that the engine diagnostic warning light has come on and stays on. Is this because of the work I have done. Is it possible to reset the light oneself.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi. As I said above the fuel pump problem as been resolved. I went online and bought the the new pump for £30. It runs a little noisy compared to the original. But this is only to be expected when compared to the silly prices for the original part.
The odd voltage readings that I gave in the post above, when I was trying to find the problem, were down to me as I was not making a good contact with my volt meters probs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again.

The engine auto diagnosis light did not show itself after the car had been left over night. Another tip worth trying is to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes or so. Sometimes this will make the light go out. Don't forget if you do this, be sure to have the key code for your radio/cd player!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts