Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a newbie here and I hope I've posted this in the correct forum.

The problem is my son has my old Taxi and last week the fuel pump went in the tank which I gather is a design fault problem.

Anyhow, he got it replaced last week and the car has broken down again today.

Anti Pollution Fault is coming up on the dashboard which was the same as what happened last week when he broke down.

From what I can gather they didn't even replace the filter or bleed the fuel system which I would have though would have been a matter of procedure :nono:

Can anyone please help?? I hope it's not gone too far and knackered the engine :mad:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi

'Anti pollution fault' refers to either the diesel filter or the FAP particle filter being faulty. The FAP filter is an integral part of the exhaust assembly and needs to be taken apart by dealerships to be inspected. Normally its either blocked or there is something wrong with the fluid levels.
The FAP filter absorbs carbon from the exhaust using a special fluid which is why models fitted with the filter have a lot less, or no black smoke at all from the backbox.

I had same problems with mine and after extensive checks through numerous delaerships i came to conclusion that it was ANOTHER softyware fault!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts