Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently been having some problems with my fuel filter leaking. Changed it myself twice and had it at a garage to be done by someone else incase I wasn't getting the seal properly still starts leaking after a day or two of driving.

I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the fact that when i left the car in to have the tank pump changed as it wasn't giving me a fuel reading on the dash (but was still working apart from that), They used a bosch unit when it had a siemens unit in previously, they also removed the primer bulb as they told me that the bosch unit was self priming.

If its not this causing the problem is there anything else which could be? Too much pressure ? A bad relay somewhere?

Any insight at all is welcome.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
From what I understand, Bosch systems have a lift pump in the tank whereas the Siemens systems use the priming bulb. I'd be wanting to know why they fitted Bosch onto a car that had a factory Siemens system and I'd also be expecting them to resolve the leak free of charge as the fault was only apparent after the work they had carried out. Personally I'd tell them to put it back as it was. Because the Siemens system doesn't have a tank pump all it needed was a new sender unit fitting so I'd want them to remove the bosch pump, fit a new sender unit and to refit the priming bulb - all at their own cost.

·
5,670 Posts
I would go back to the cowboys who fitted the tank unit. Siemens system work on negative pressure in fuel line (HP pump suck up fuel). Bosch system runs at 2 Bar hence you are getting fuel leaks the connector seals are not rated for 2 Bar

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
I feel like I constantly say this

SIEMENS NO PUMP

BOSCH TANK PUMP

the plug on the tank is the same for both and has a power feed EVEN on a siemens pump

Your idiot garage fitted the wrong part that's why your filter leaks !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought this might of been it but wanted to confirm before kicking up a fuss with the garage.

Will be giving them a call tomorrow to get this sorted, thanks for the advice boys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts