Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi just need some idea what I should be looking at price wise for a fuel pump (genuine 12 mnth warranty)307sw.54 plate and the average time it would take a full time mecis.im being quoted 250 just for a pump..
Labour on top ....they are an authorised unipart dealer so with the 12k/1 yr warrantu I expect it to be a decent pump.at the same time cam nelt change.car only done 50k in 9 yrs.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 hr are you 100% on that they have told me a days labour,whats involved,do u need to drop the tank on a ramp that way or is it back carpet up etc.i have had my injectors rebuilt but on a test run s blockage was discovered and filings were discovered in one of them.so lets take a time count here.injector removal (cleaned off site) re insert and new pump installed.and prices of pumps?

·
11,767 Posts
There's a handy inspection cover under the rear seats:

Lift seat
lift pre-cut carpet
take off the plastic cover
Disconnect pipes and electrical connection
Unscrew the collar
Remove pump (into a waiting bucket)

Takes 20 minutes. Screwing that collar back on is a bit fiddlier though!

I did one a month or two ago. Second hand pump with 3 month warranty was £40.

Oh, and genuine VDO fuel pump is £80 at Euro Car Parts:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeot_307+SW_2.0_2004/p/car-parts/engine-parts/fuel-and-engine-management/fuel-pump/?441735190&1&d8b5f3cbb5714210d325d2bc5809302aa8ff5511&000148

Assuming yours is a 2L diesel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok this is a genuine garage good reputation,dont see why there telling me a whole day,1.6 diesel 2004 plate.the only thing i can think of is that all the fuel lines need cleaning through ,the injectors are going back off to be cleaned (free of charge) .they have mentioned that whilst this work is being done then its agood idea to change cambelt? How is replacing fuel pump whilst car is stripped down a good time to change cambelt? two different ends of vehicle.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
it isnt a good idea unless the cam belt is due.

there just trying to get money from you. if the cam belts due it needs doing. if not just get the pump fixed

D

·
0 Posts
ok this is a genuine garage good reputation,dont see why there telling me a whole day,1.6 diesel 2004 plate.the only thing i can think of is that all the fuel lines need cleaning through ,the injectors are going back off to be cleaned (free of charge) .they have mentioned that whilst this work is being done then its agood idea to change cambelt? How is replacing fuel pump whilst car is stripped down a good time to change cambelt? two different ends of vehicle.
You see, you didn't say diesel. Thats a different job. You also didn't say high pressure pump. That takes maybe two hours. To strip off that is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts