Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon to everyone, I have just joined this forum as I have recently taken ownership of a 61 plate partner (1.6 hdi) so please bear with me if this question has been asked before and I sound thick !!
My friend is a hgv driver and regularly brings me a 25 ltr jerry can of fuel which I used to put straight into my vauxhall combi, I have just tried doing the same and have encountered a problem in that there seems to be an anti syphon plate thingy on the fuel pipe which wont let me put my fuel in, the plate just won't move either sideways or backwards, this seems strange because what happens if god forbid you run out of fuel walk 10 miles to the nearest petrol station only to find it wont take your can when you get back !! Like I said before I might be thick but just can't seem to fathom it out..Thanks for any help I may receive, John..:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply David, but I didn't really describe the jerry can that my friend brings properly, its actually a big 25 litre plastic drum and looking on google I don't think I can get a funnel/spout to fit it..I have a diesel pump that I turn by hand that fits into my plastic funnel to transfer the fuel from the drum to my old van, I have even tried pushing the flap with a hollow metal tube to simulate a spout but it still doesn't move. If I can't sort it looks my supply of cheap fuel could have a premature death..:nono: :nono:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an afterthought, if I bought a new jerry can, the metal type, would I then be able to just fit the spout and pour my fuel, if so how come the flap won't move with a push from the metal pole, or does it have to be the exact size of the opening ??:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts