Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 308 S DT 1.6 HDI and it has had intermittent fault for months now where the engine just dies but will immediately restart and may not happen again for weeks. I have had it on test and been told it is a fault with the fuel pressure rail but don't know if it is the rail its self or the sensor. The mechanic said that because of the age it would be uneconomical to repair as it is at the back of the engine and would need to be stripped down and advised me to trade it in.
Before I do that I would like hear what other people think and would it be possible to change the sensor without stripping down too much and seeing if that cures it.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The fuel pressure sensor I gather they mean. They are a pain to do I did mine with the engine tilted for clutch changed

Did you actually get a fault code about fuel rail pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The rail sensor is a pain to get at but certainly not something to sell the car over !!

A fault code relating to fuel pressure DOES NOT mean the sensor is faulty though it could be and probably more likely is a wiring issue to the sensor.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Mine showed a fault code and stalled the engine and said it had reached 2000+ bar of pressure it started after
A few minutes

I changed it as a precaution. If you don’t have any fault codes I wouldn’t touch it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank for replies, I did see the fault code it started with a P and think it had a 116 in it but not sure. the Mechanic said as he would have to change it all to be sure of fixing it.
As for the wiring would that not be a more permement fault as as I said it will start again straight after the engine stops and then it may be OK for weeks after and the fault has been occuring intermitenly for over 9 months

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
You need to get the fault code and live data. Normally shut down is when it senses high pressure to stop any issues

They are a pig to change so well worthwhile to investigate first. Check someone locally who has Peugeot planet to help

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You dont need to change the rail just the sensor wiring issues can be very intermittent but as above if the pressure goes over 1500 bar the system will shut down in these cases the sensor MAY be the issue or it can be the regulator on the pump causing the high reading again wiring needs checked though.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The wiring connector is an issue I checked one on a 207 which was a lot easier to get too

I changed my sensor after checking the plug whilst I had the clutch out was still a pain to do

·
6,304 Posts
O ring on regulator on the back of pump also fails and partly jams regulator which can spike fuel rail pressure

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
11,992 Posts
I had problems on another model, and sprayed the connector with electrical contact cleaner, then wiggled it about a bit. Fault went away.
That's the first thing I do on any part that's showing a fault. That and its fuse.

So far I've "saved" three ABS units, two additive ECUs and three power steering pumps which mechanics said were faulty and wanted to replace at huge expense to the owner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There dosen't seem to be anyone localy with the P Planet, there was one in Oldham but he no longer does it.
when I took it to the garage for test the fault had just occured and the engine management light was still on (this dosen't always happen) As i said I can't remember the fault code exactly but he did say the pressure had gone high.
when we turned the engine off and re started, the management light stayed off and the falt codes had disappeared.
If it is a wiring issue would I just be checking for breaks and bad contacts on the plug, and how easy is it to get to the wiring to check.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
It’s a pain in the arse on a 308 you need to get the airbox out really and that normally entails dropping the engine gearbox side

1 - 13 of 13 Posts