Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm havin g aproblem where my fuel pump dosent seem to sending fuel efficently to my engine and as a result the pump is gettin hot.

i changed the original pump and replaced it with a walbro 255lph fuel pump could this be the cause of the problem as the pump was working fine all the time and i now decided to give trbl

also i wanted to find out is there a fuse/relay controling the fuel pump inside the car

·
Registered
862 Posts
Lion_Tamer said:
I'm havin g aproblem where my fuel pump dosent seem to sending fuel efficently to my engine and as a result the pump is gettin hot.

i changed the original pump and replaced it with a walbro 255lph fuel pump could this be the cause of the problem as the pump was working fine all the time and i now decided to give trbl

also i wanted to find out is there a fuse/relay controling the fuel pump inside the car
try putting some jet/engine cleaner through with the fuel,it might be that the new pump has drawn some "rubbish" from the fuel tank/lines and is causing your problem,also check your fuel filter it might be blocked,are your spark plugs ok? is there a chance you have gotten air in the system?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not to sure if air got in the system.also i forgot to mention that i did a turbo project with my pug as well i am using a ct12 toyota turbo with a home made manifold and what i did was i placed a copper decompression plate between two head gaskets as to drop the compression in the car.
So now the compression on the car is a 7:1 ratio so i dont know if this could be a part of my problem in..and as a result of this everytime i try to build boost my air/fuel ratio keeps going in to lean and the car then begins to stutter which means that it isn't receiving the right amount of fuel..

oh yea i'm running under 12lbs of boost

·
Registered
862 Posts
Lion_Tamer said:
i am not to sure if air got in the system.also i forgot to mention that i did a turbo project with my pug as well i am using a ct12 toyota turbo with a home made manifold and what i did was i placed a copper decompression plate between two head gaskets as to drop the compression in the car.
So now the compression on the car is a 7:1 ratio so i dont know if this could be a part of my problem in..and as a result of this everytime i try to build boost my air/fuel ratio keeps going in to lean and the car then begins to stutter which means that it isn't receiving the right amount of fuel..

oh yea i'm running under 12lbs of boost

If it's a diesel the uplifter pump in the tank has been known to cause a lot of problems,it sends very fine shards of metal through the fuel system,over a period of time they build up causing misfire,shudderin etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the moose said:
If it's a diesel the uplifter pump in the tank has been known to cause a lot of problems,it sends very fine shards of metal through the fuel system,over a period of time they build up causing misfire,shudderin etc.
its not a diesel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts