Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307 has sprung a leak under the bonney by the injectors. Only leaks with engine runnin and it stinks inside the car.
Heres a few pics. Can nyone tell me what the pipe is and any possible fix before needing to blow lots of cash.
Iv blured out the engine leavin the offending elbowd metal pipe. Its dripin frm the corner. Felt it but no obvious holes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
If the pipe is metal then its the high pressure feed from the pump to the fuel rail your blurred pics don't really give a good indication but that's what it looks like.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Servicebox shows pretty much every fuel pipe replaceable individually, although that's based on the assumption it's the 2.0 HDi 90 with the Bosch pump.
If you don't have access I can dig out the picture if you send over the last 8 digits of the VIN.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Away at min. Will post vin later on. Thanks for the help on id the pipe. Its metal and has a 90 deg bend.
Thankyou guys. Off to pug later in week. Also need to figure out y my car feels like a vtec when cold the tuebo goes for it at 3k with a noticable noise increase.
Once warm its fine.back to Round 1.5k rpm

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So how come a leak from this pipe is making so much of a smell inside? Gave us all a head ake . Its really bad and its leavin a mess of rainbows on the road. But oh well. Guess its a part newer to add to the list. Glory of cars

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Removed the part. Really easy. Wiped clean no obv marks or cracks so must be hair line. Checked all other pipes all fine. Reconnected and tested. Fuel all over. Defo that short pipe. Trip t pug tomoz. Thanks guys. Will post update once fixed

·
5,624 Posts
The reason Pug say replace pipes its that there is a small chance of swarf or other debris be generated by the nut threads when undoing and doing up again and the movement of the swages on the ends of the fuel line.

I reused the pipe when I replaced HP pump O-rings with no problems after I rinsed pipe in clean diesel and put a dab of grease on threads to trap any generated swarf and just nipped up pipe by hand as torque would be wrong from grease on treads.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts