Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum, been lurking for a long time and managed to solve issues with my 206 by reading the posts, now I've bought a 2005 2.0 TDI Expert and i'm going to need a bit of help.

I have no previous Diesel experience so quite a lot is new to me, I'm sure I heard/read that if they run out of fuel its a nightmare because you have to bleed the system, is that right?

Anyway my van has started with a fuel leak tonight, from what i could see with the torch on my phone is that it appears to be coming from the fuel filter housing, can I remove this without causing more problems so i can check for leaks?
Do i need to crimp/seal any lines so the fuel pump doesn't suck any air in? I'm just a bit concerned about creating more work and more problems while i try and find the leak.
Is this leaking a known issue?
Any suggestions on what i should be looking for when/if i remove it.
I guess while its off i should replace the filter, any tips on that.

Any other information would be appreciated, or a link to drawings/pictures of the filter housing.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
There may be a bulb in the fuel line allowing you to manually pump fuel when you change the filter. After you have verified the cause and fixed the leak of course!. :)

If you run out of diesel on most modern cars you will eventually get it to fire up again simply by cranking it over and over. Not a good idea, your battery and starter motor wont like it.

Roger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorted it out, I unbolted the filter so i could have a better look right around it to see where the leak was coming from, from the lid at the rear.
I took the 3 hoses off and the electrical conection, once i got it on the bench took the lid off and I found there was no O ring.
Fitted a new O ring, put it all back in place and the engine fired up straight away (no inline bulb, but i never emptied the filter).

Drove it around for a while, no leaks :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts