Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me the best way to bleed the fuel system on the 2.0l hdi, rhr engine code? Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best way is not to bleed it as it is self bleeding :)

You fit the filter prime it till it goes hard then start it it will sort itself out
I have tried this method but the fuel lines still have air in them and the car will not start
Am I right in saying that the low pressure pump in the tank should pump fuel when I turn the ignition?
I don't even hear it prime
Could the low pressure pump be at fault?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I always had some bubbles on my 2.0L 307 just as reliable says. If the priming bulb is hard to squeeze then there is likely to be something other than bleeding the duel system preventing it starting. If the priming bulb is easy to squeeze then it needs further priming until you struggle to squeeze it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RHR is usually siemens so does not have a tank pump

Air bubbles are normal you NEVER get rid of them all
Hi the car Is a 06 307cc 2.0 hdi with the 136bhp engine it has definitely has a low pressure pump in the tank, almost identical to the 2.0l petrol set up as my missus had one of them before she got the diesel

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have disconnected the pump out line and turn over the engine with no fuel from the pump, would anybody know witch fuse to check, I don't have the owners manual for this car

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
wee update and more assistance needed
got the new coolant pipe (the small one from the thermostat to the back of the block)
connected it and refitted all the other parts, then tried to start the car, the engine turns over but will not fire up.
thinking it might be fuel related I checked the connection to the high presser pump it was fine so I then checked all the fuses (one at a time because I don't have the owners manual) all looked good, reconnected the battery and tried again only now i have the hazards flashing and the remote locking isn't working, but I tried to start the car anyway still truing over but not starting, next I got a friend to give it a shot of easy start, the car started and ran pretty smooth but I noticed that the number 2 injector was leaking a lot, it seams to be cracked, so I turned the ignition off, waited a few moments and tried to start the car again but it wont.
so I have 2 question's
would me pulling the fuses have caused the problem with the keys?
and would the injector leaking be at fault for the no start

p.s. I did not want to keep starting it with easy start but im pretty sure it would

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
If engine fires and runs there is no key problem if injector is leaking bad then that will stop pressure building enough for ecu to switch injectors on easy start helps enough for it to fire

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
If engine fires and runs there is no key problem if injector is leaking bad then that will stop pressure building enough for ecu to switch injectors on easy start helps enough for it to fire
thanks
this is what I was thinking
but the dash info display flashed anti theft fault forgot to mention this
would you know how to get the key fob working the locking again?
thanks in advance for the quick replies and help

I thought the injector union bolt was not tight enough , as I was about to tighten it I noticed that it seems to be cracked near the point where it connects to the main body of the injector, it started to gush fuel the moment I touched it.

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
Get the engine running properly and then see what faults remain it may need a reset but fix 1 thing at a time the starting problem is the main thing once it starts it will be happy and anti theft fault should go on its own

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get the engine running properly and then see what faults remain it may need a reset but fix 1 thing at a time the starting problem is the main thing once it starts it will be happy and anti theft fault should go on its own
so basically get a new injector and take it from there,
would be right in saying that the injectors don't need coding to the car?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the help, got the car running and driving all seems to be good and no fault codes after 20 or so miles of stop start town driving,
have to admit that I didn't hold out much hope at the start of this tread but am impressed how durable the hdi engine is

thanks agene folks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts