Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my mare who good with cars has attempted to fix my fuel in juctor seal on my peugeot 407 1.6 deisel twice now and gone throu 2 seals and failed.
Runs about couple miles then starts sound like a steam engine and the nylon and rubber seal melted.
How much i looking at roughly at a garage?
I know fook all about cars so dont wnt get done with the price.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
sounds like you are changing the wrong part !

The injector seal is a copper washer not plastic/rubber ?

There is a plastic sleeve on the injector to help support it and stop dirt going down the hole but its not the seal

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What my mare did was remove the entires injector.
Clean injector and head.
Removed the old brass seal and replace new one the lube up the rubber washer and place in the head push down till seated then the spacer on the injector then place injector in the head and tighten up.
Is he doing something wrong?
If so can domeone please tell me step by step and ill pass on to him

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Ok sounds like you are doing it right what is probably wrong is the seat is dirty or damaged you need a cutter down the injector hole to clean the seat

What i usually do when fitting is get it nearly tight then rotate back and forth a few times to grind the injector into the seat tighten a little more then rotate again then fully tighten this usually works but if your seat is damaged you might struggle to seal it

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wen we removed the injector first time there was no spacer or evidence there has been one but you need the spacer don't ya?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts