Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
am a newbie here, excuse me if this topic is mentioned a zillion times before.
i noticed in my 307, manual 1.6 petrol engine, that it takes time for the low gear shifts to take action and accelerate, it needs like 3 seconds for it to take effect.
i was told that this is normal cause its acceleration is electro controlled?! and it takes this time to do the acceleration, where as in my previous 405, it had instant acceleration effect.
i also noticed that the exhaust gas coming out of the car has a rythm beat that goes in fast interruptions at intervals of time, but with no pop sounds, just continuous low puf puf sounds at intervals...also i checked the last 2 times mileages, it is making 150 km / 20 lit, i know it is not normal for a 1.6 and it should make more mileage. now i was told that may be the fuel injectors need a bit of cleaning , and i was advised to use a fuel injector as a first step and then monitor how things go. is that the case and if so what is the best fuel injector that should be used or a 307, 1.6 petrol engine?
thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I recently gave mine a service (206 1.1i).

Because of time restraints, rain etc, I did it in stages. - But now I know the effects it has :)

I changed oil and oil filter first. - This made starting a lot easier.
Then the air filter - I actually fitted a larger one for a diesel - and this did make a difference to "wllingness" - and was more responsive.
Replaced plugs. Now, I did miss this last time, so it's had the same plugs in it for at least 3 years - maybe more. Although they were standard NGK, and were a little rounded, they were still fine. I put in new ones anyway, and it made no difference.

Then I changed the fuel filter.
Not something I have done before, and was a bit worried when fuel started syphoning out of the tank. - Use a bowl.
- What a difference that made !!!
Like a younger car again !
I will now do this every 2 years.

I also put a bottle of REDEX injector cleaner through it after this, and I suppose it worked, but not noticeably.

So - my advice - buy an oversize airfilter (make sure it will fit the filterbox), and fit a new fuel filter first.

( Mine was full of gravel, black and grey lumps and goodness knows what else)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply
actually what i did is changing:
air filter, oil, oil filter, spark plugs, i was short of time and money to change the fuel filter as well (the mechanic told me that the fuel filter changes is ahrd to do cause it is located deep in the car reservoir??)
any ways, i wanted to give the injector cleaner a shot, cause i bought the car used and the last time an injector cleaner was used by it is previous owner was 25000 km ago!
i got a GUMOUT concentrated fuel injector cleaner. My question is: is this IC recommened for my peugeot or is there a brand recommended by peugeot?will it hurt the injectors because of the 25,000 km gap? i also read various comments on how to use it in (tank half filled, add bottle, then refill or tank empty, add bottle, then refill as written on back of bottle..) any help is appreciated
thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts