Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum. Picked a Wee 2002 1.1 lx up as a run around for a few months. Few Wee boggles I need to sort including a faulty fuel gauge reading.

I’ve seen a few posts and it seems common, just looking a definitive point in the right direction.

Car cut out, fuel gauge read 1/4 tank. No fuel warning light (it does light up on starting car). Put petrol in and started first touch.
Same thing happened a few days later. Gauge at 1/4 tank, no fuel light on.
So I’ve read that there is an issue where the gauge appears to stick at 1/4 tank. Most people seem to have the fuel light on tho.

What’s the likely culprit? Sender?

Does the warning light depend on the gauge?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The gauge and the light would normally depend on the sender unit in the tank. When the float gets down enough, it makes contact with the circuit that triggers the light. Suggest you remove the unit and figure out what is causing the float to stick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I’ll have a look next few days. So sounds like the float is sticking? It oddly raises the fuel level if I put some in. I thought it wouldn’t have registered until above the stuck point.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
There is normally a sweeper arm that runs over a resistive winding, maybe the arm is distorted or windings are bunched up? Whatever. It certainly is not getting down enough anyway to trigger the light.

BTW, are you sure the light is working? Wouldn't be the first time someone has stripped a car trying to fix a 'wiring' problem when the bulb was in fact blown... ;) Make sure it is working [light and gauge] before you fully secure the sender back in the tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah lol. It lights on ignition check. So bulbs ok! I’ll pop it out over the next few days. Have a list of about 10 Wee jobs to do. All seem to be common 206 issues. Water in passenger footwell etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts