Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently added possibly too much diesel, it reached the cut off point at under £30 - so i kept filling to hit the £30 mark.

since then the fuel gauge has stuck at 3/4 full - despite the tank being full to the brim.

i have just been away for the weekend and the gauge has moved down to just over half - but by my reckoning i am now at 3/4 full.

any suggestions how i can get the gauge to show the right amount, and has my dumbass move of filling the tank to its limits caused this ?

cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try and open the fuel filler cap and close it again, can happen mine if you fill up without turning engine off
yes a few times - nothing changed.

i have fixed it now.

went on a long drive - taking the fuel level below the sticking point, and it then went down normally.

refilled the tank and its all ok now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuel gauge seems to have corrected itself - but the electronic display seems to always say "448" miles available.

any way to reset it all ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys sorry new here..how do post a thread? I have had no luck from administrator and have a question about a 307 cc purchase ibc parking sensors. Thanks and apologies for adding onto this thread:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
been advised to let the tank run low to see if it resets by a fellow boardie.

peugeot engineer also told me he had no idea what i was talking about initially.

i told him the mpg display was working and he seemmed baffled.

they told me they recommended a software reboot which might sort the problem out, or disconnecting the battery for some time.

he warned me the battery disconnection can lead to other issues though.

any ideas ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I have this issue with my 807, I have been to a number of Peugeot garages and most of them are baffled or just laugh. But I managed to speak to an independent engineer who worked for Peugeot and he said there was a known problem with the sender units and the intank fuel sensor being set at the wrong level. The part to fix it cost around £3.00 to fit it around £300 from a dealer. I just keep mine above 50 miles. But, if you can find anybody with the full peugeot diagnostics system then they can reset all the issues and find the problem, and usually fix it by entering a few codes.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have been driving around alot today - the "range" indicator IS going down slowly - but quite randomly - it shows as 448 miles available on the current amount of fuel - its now gone down to 398

does anyone know if the "range" indicator actually counts down numerically as you drive, or does it go down every 20 minutes or so based on your style of driving.

i have never actually monitored the range counter - but saw it was usually at over 500 miles available on a full tank, wondered if it went 499,498 etc.

the mpg display is working perfectly i think.

is it possible something came loose, or is it just the fact it needs rebooting via peugeot planet ?

thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
The mileage counter actually changes quite dramatically, on a brimmed tank on my 807 I can increase my range by 200 miles on a motorway run around town it drinks like a tank. A full reset maybe possible, but I had mine done and it did nothing I've ran out of diesel numerous times with 40 miles showing on the range, however when the low fuel light comes on and the warning on the dash trip computer signals, it runs out within seconds. It seems to be a problem on certain Peugeot's even from new but they would never admit it and that came from an ex Peugeot area manager. All you can do is give it a try with PPlanet as they may find something. As for your MPG counter, try watching it as you cruise to a halt mine reaches 999 miles, and it regulary touches on 78mpg on a run, I think that's a little optimistic, don't you. Good Luck you need it with a Peugeot.:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
been reading with interest, when i was last working at a pug dealer we used 3 resistors, cant remember the exact resistances exactly but i think it was 350 ohms (full), 150 ohms (half)and 50 ohms (low) ,we put them in place of the sender unit signal wiring individually to recalibrate the bsi fuel gauging,
like this, fitted resister in circuit in place of the tank sender, ignition on and waited, till gauge read, cars with fuel cap sensors removed cap etc.
then again and then last the 350 resistor . obviously ignition cycles between fitting resistors,

dont know if they still do this ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its started again - the tank is full - but the needle is stuck between 3/4 full and full.

the range indicator fluctuates - i get that - but it is currently showing 398 miles on a full tank - was expecting more like 498.

would peugeot software rest fix this ?

pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts