Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, apologies if this has been asked before.
I have a 307sw 2.0 110hp (I think) diesel 53 reg. Eurocarparts list 2 fuel filter elements, Bosch and Siemens, and the dimensions are quite different on their website. How do I tell the difference. I've looked on the filter housing but can't see any identification.

Malc

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a possibility but I usually mail order my bits from ECP and it's hardly worth the effort to return them. But it's still £10 or 15 down the drain. The local branch is rammed on a weekend and you can wait half an hour to be served so that's not a popular option either.

·
3,007 Posts
Vin should be at the bottom of the screen on the n/side...or whip your filter out and measure it or it may have a makers mark on it...if you post the last 6 digits on here someone will check in service box and help you more..

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Filter housings are actually the same regardless of bosch or siemens only the lid is different to suit the filter there are various differences between the systems

Injectors are different bosch say bosch siemens say yes you guessed it

Fuel rail is different ecu is different but for your car its easy as ALL 110hp are bosch :)

·
6,282 Posts
My 110 had Bosch injection but Siemens filter. Three other 110s I worked on also all had same filter.

If I remember correctly Bosch filter is near square in size and Siemens is taller than it's width

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No thats where the confusion comes from it is a siemens filter HOUSING the top is different whether its bosch or siemens the body is the same 1 type has 2 pipes other has 3 pipes filter is made to suit the top.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The filter above is a Siemens it’s flat both ends the Bosch one has some kind of seal and cut out one end

I’ve never had a Bosch filter yet and had a few hdis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now I'm even more confused. There is a Bosch label on the pipe running across the bottom of the cylinder head. Not sure of that's a common rail or what.
The bit shown with a yellow arrow
Injection.jpg

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
That is a bosch fuel system like i said so if they list a filter for bosch fuel system it should be right but if we are talking euro there are no guarantees it will be right.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts