Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to service the car few days ago but few things got in the way so this afternoon I got stuck in, changed the oil and filters and was doing the fuel filter and noticed that it was only half full is this normal? when I loosened the ring some diesel came out and I took the filter out and replaced it with a MANN filter as ive been told they are OE spec I was using Halfords ones as I got them for £4 each cooper brand inside the box

·
Registered
344 Posts
Do you notice any air bubbles in the fuel line to the filter housing?

Is it running smoothly?

Any air in the filter housing will be visible in the fuel line from the housing to the pump (when running) and although not ideal, not uncommon.

Could be caused by a perforated priming bulb, fuel filter housing seal o-ring or crack in the filter housing itself. (the fuel supply pipes can also be at fault but not as common)

I've replaced a few parts on mine to sort this and the parts aren't expensive.

Service box will give you relevant part numbers which you can either search for on eBay or buy from a dealer.

Regards

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the 2.0 110 HDi setup you cant see the fuel in the lines as they are coated black, also there is no priming bulb and mine is self priming , its running fine no codes ect.

I always thought the fuel filter should be full to the top with fuel maybe am wrong anyone doing a service this weekend or anytime could check for me would be great:thumb:

·
Registered
185 Posts
It should always be full with Diesel,

Sounds like its loosing some somewhere, You will have a lift pump in your tank which primes up every time you switch your ignition on, just cycle ignition a few times to fill it back up,

Is there a drain plug on the bottom of the filter housing? if there is, make sure it is tight and not leaking.

·
Registered
14,261 Posts
When you say half full was this after you removed the actual filter if so that is correct as the filter takes up the rest of the volume.

If its running fine there is no need to worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts