Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondering if any1 knows where the fuel filter is on a 307 1.6 Petrol? Ive seen people talk about where it is on diesels but mines a petrol and cant find it anywhere. I bought a filter 4 it today which is a black plastic filter and i checked the fuel pump as some people say its in the pump but isnt (not that i coulld see) Its a 2001 model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Location of petro fuel filter of peugeot 307SW, 2003 model

please can anyone help me to describe where to find the petrol fuel filter of Peugeot 307Sw 2003 model. my filter is very bad and im having great problema to replace it because i cant found it,
Thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
Your 307 does not have a fuel filter that you change during a service.
Peugeot stopped fitting them on all petrol models in 2000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi just wondering if any1 knows where the fuel filter is on a 307 1.6 Petrol? Ive seen people talk about where it is on diesels but mines a petrol and cant find it anywhere. I bought a filter 4 it today which is a black plastic filter and i checked the fuel pump as some people say its in the pump but isnt (not that i coulld see) Its a 2001 model.

Thanks
The fuel filter is located Under the backseat (passenger side /Single sit ) lift the sit from the front around the knee area. Lift it up and open the cover u see . You will see the fuel pump screwed down with a round black plastic and you will see the fuel Filter in a corner connected to one of the 2 pipes from the Pump .

Good luck .

Let me know if you find it . That's where my own is I have a 307 1.6 flex sedan

·
Registered
882 Posts
But nothing stopping you fitting an inline one if you would feel happier with one.
All the fuel piping is molded plastic with snap on connectors,and remember the fuel is under pressure. Cutting pipes and fitting a simple inline filter is not a good idea.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The fuel filter is located Under the backseat (passenger side /Single sit ) lift the sit from the front around the knee area. Lift it up and open the cover u see . You will see the fuel pump screwed down with a round black plastic and you will see the fuel Filter in a corner connected to one of the 2 pipes from the Pump .

Good luck .

Let me know if you find it . That's where my own is I have a 307 1.6 flex sedan
That is not part of a service and there is never any need to do this under normal circumstances.
In other words,leave it alone and forget about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is not part of a service and there is never any need to do this under normal circumstances.
In other words,leave it alone and forget about it.
The Fuel filter accumulates dirt over time . it has a clip on both ends so i remove the filter , shake it well , then blow out the fuel . you will how dirty it could get .

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
The Fuel filter accumulates dirt over time . it has a clip on both ends so i remove the filter , shake it well , then blow out the fuel . you will how dirty it could get .

Fuel filters are NOT needed when the fuel quality is good and now that most tanks are plastic the risk of contamination from rust etc is much reduced hence the deletion of filters.

Filters ARE fitted in countries where fuel quality is lower than the uk or the conditions dictate but they are not needed in the uk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts