Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been a registered member for some time but I have hardly posted due to not knowing a awful great deal on these cars or about peugeot/citroen in general.

Anyways, I am wondering how you go about changing a Fuel Filter in a 307 2.0 HDI 90? I am guessing it is near on impossible to unscrew top bit without taking it off car?

And finnaly, does anyone know if you can split 307 headlights? as i know they are valeo headlights and on numerous of research have found that valeo are near on impossible to split.

I am just wanting to know as i am thinking of back masking the chrome bit in graphite grey.

Thanks again

Rob

·
11,725 Posts
The fuel filter screw top is very difficult. Haynes actually suggest replacing the lot.

Best bet is a big flat screwdriver or piece of wood against one of the "fins" and tap it with a hammer.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
i have just done mine today.

mine is a siemens one with 2 fuel pipes on the top

unbolt the fuel filter. then undo the bottom to drain any fuel.

undo the fuel pipes and allow them to drain.

bolt the fuel filter back on but dont connect anything.

use an oil filter strap rubber one works good just to crack the seal.

unscrew and replace filter. renew gasket and do it up hand tight.

connect all the hoses up and make sure the bottom drain plug is screwed back in.

now you need to prime the fuel system. look for the clear fuel line above the filter. keep pumping until theres no bubbles. it may take a while

good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you to both of you who have replied,

i am going to give this another go when i have a chance on weekend

my fuel filter is the bosch system i think as it has 3 pipes comming from it

i will update this once i have given it a bash and see how i get on

thanks again

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts