Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after putting diesel in my 2010 407 SW the flap wouldn't stay closed. If I hold it closed and lock the car with the key fob the flap locks. As soon as you unlock the car with the fob the filler cap springs open. Can anyone help with this ?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Today after putting diesel in my 2010 407 SW the flap wouldn't stay closed. If I hold it closed and lock the car with the key fob the flap locks. As soon as you unlock the car with the fob the filler cap springs open. Can anyone help with this ?
Try disconnect the battery for an hour

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think your issue is mechanical, not electrical
From what you describe the locking solenoid/pin for the flap (as part of the central locking sys) is working correctly
It appears to me that the "sprung" hinge has broken, or has come apart - I've not seen one dis
assembled, so can't comment further about whether it can be repaired/re-assembled
The "spung" hinge holds the flap in the opened position, when opened, and holds it in the closed position, when closed - independent of the locking function, as referred to in line two above
If you can get Part #2 in the diagram attached - either new or from stripped, you can remove your flap (of correct paint colour) from the busted one & re-attach it to the replacement unit
On my (407 Saloon) it appears easy enough to access to remove & re-fit the unit - don't know if SW variant is more difficult
If the attached image doesn't appear in my reply for whatever reason - this is a link to it
And this link to a UK Pug parts supplier for the item for a 2010 model

1 - 3 of 3 Posts