Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone getting mpg wise on their 2.0 136bhp Diesels as mine seems too low. I own a 1.6 110bhp and get an average of around 44mpg around town and knew id get less than that from a 2.0 expecting about 35-40mpg but the trip is averaging about 30 and judging by the trips previous readings that seems to be what its running at for the last 800 miles which seems too low to me.

J

·
0 Posts
I typically get 30-35mpg when purely around town. This increases to 40-43mpg for rural driving, and on a steady motorway run 47-50mpg.

·
5,071 Posts
i get and average of just under 42mpg round town mostly but some motorways, also not much beats me away from the lights etc:thumb::thumb:
this is my trip 2

J

·
0 Posts
You're lucky yours reads sensible figures at that mileage - mine seems to throw its toys out the pram once left for months on end :confused:

·
5,071 Posts

·
5,071 Posts
You're lucky yours reads sensible figures at that mileage - mine seems to throw its toys out the pram once left for months on end :confused:
really :eek:whats it do????

·
Registered
8 Posts
I filled up yesterday. I got 594 miles from about 12 gallons. Def seems to respond well to being driven as a petrol raher than my older xud engined cars.

Mine is a 2007 2.0 136 engined sw.

D

·
0 Posts
The 2.0hdi seems to struggle to get more than 44mpg. I had one for a week lately after fitting a turbo to it and I wasn't too impressed by economy. My 1998 Peugeot Partner does the same mpg with a 1.9 XUD9 engine in it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Im thinking theres something wrong with mine. Its averaging 30mpg around town with a light foot but went down to 13mpg today when i put my foot down which is crap for a diesel imo. The turbo seems a bit all or nothing but thats maybe how the 2.0 is as ive got used to my 1.6 which even when thrashed wont go below 30 and is a lot smoother with its power band. The 2.0 is a lot bloody noiser too. Oh and on the drive home the 2.0 was averaging 37.5 at 70mph in 6th with the cruise on.

J

·
0 Posts
You can get down below 13mpg - although I've not managed single digit figures yet though :thumb:
Would have thought you'd get more than 37.5mpg @ 70 - mine is in the 40s normally, depending on hills, wind, etc.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Im thinking theres something wrong with mine. Its averaging 30mpg around town with a light foot but went down to 13mpg today when i put my foot down which is crap for a diesel imo. The turbo seems a bit all or nothing but thats maybe how the 2.0 is as ive got used to my 1.6 which even when thrashed wont go below 30 and is a lot smoother with its power band. The 2.0 is a lot bloody noiser too. Oh and on the drive home the 2.0 was averaging 37.5 at 70mph in 6th with the cruise on.
Looks like you need a remap.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts